New Lexicon AV MC14 processor. Launched at CES 2014. Your thoughts?

andrewmillner

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
It's been many years waiting for a replacement for the classic Lexicon MC12HD. It seems that if you look on the Lexicon website and Facebook pages they have finally confirmed an April 2014 launch datefor the replacement; the MC14.

Some suggest it looks like similar to a Bryson.

Has anyone seen the specs as the press release doesn't say very much?

Have they lost their grip on the high end market? It would be interesting to hear your thoughts.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I haven't seen the details yet, but I'm interested in what they can come up with. I'll be test driving the Krell processor soon, and if I can get my hands on this baby, maybe this as well.

pioneer7

Jul 26, 2008
Visit site
Blimey I remember the DC-1 Proccesor then the MC-1 fantastic bits of kit especaily Logic-7...now its very rare to see any reviews on high end processors/power amps Lexicon.parasound.NAD and the like....but yes nice to see lexicon again, hope its worth the money.

andrewmillner

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
The trouble is that it does not look like it is an original unit. Compare it to the Bryston and it looks almost identical. If so, it is sad that Lexicon do not seem to be the force they once were.

This is all you can find on their website - http://www.lexicon.com/News/Story/133

For some reason I cannot paste other links, as it triggers the spam filter but do a search for the MC14 and then look on the Bryston website - http://bryston.com/products/digital_audio/SP3.html

A few years ago, they were the class leaders.

Perhaps there is not the money for firms to invest big in surround sound nowadays. Perhaps more people are buying sound bars, or sound soundbases. In fact, is there a trend to just simple stereo? Or is the much cheaper stuff more interesting? For example Pioneer SC-LX87 seems to be streets ahead, AND includes amplification.

Your thoughts?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts