New Leema kit on the way soon

Always interesting to see new kit from Leema Acoustics, however I could never understand, if you're bringing out a DAC / Pre, why not have a CD Transport only in your lineup?
Just looked on their Facebook page: a new CD player, DAC/Preamp, a streamer and a power amp are in the new range. No integrated.

Just looked on their Facebook page: a new CD player, DAC/Preamp, a streamer and a power amp are in the new range. No integrated.
if you have a DAC / Pre and a power amp I guess they think an integrated is uneccessary, if you have an integrated I guess you'd only list a DAC as opposed to a DAC / Pre. However I still don't get a CD player and a DAC / Pre, it doesn't make sense as you don't need two, probably identical, DAC components in one system.
Their range is a trifle confused I feel.

Reactions: WayneKerr
if you have a DAC / Pre and a power amp I guess they think an integrated is uneccessary, if you have an integrated I guess you'd only list a DAC as opposed to a DAC / Pre. However I still don't get a CD player and a DAC / Pre, it doesn't make sense as you don't need two, probably identical, DAC components in one system.
Their range is a trifle confused I feel.
Yes, it's strange. I can only guess, like with many integrated amps, they want to add a Dac in the preamp. If that's the case why haven't they produced a integrated with a Dac?

Don't really understand the thinking.

Yes, it's strange. I can only guess, like with many integrated amps, they want to add a Dac in the preamp. If that's the case why haven't they produced a integrated with a Dac?

Don't really understand the thinking.
True. Me neither.
If people are going to buy the CD player and other of their items for amplification they aren't going to need two DACs
the pre / power but I get as your keeping the sensitive bits in separate boxes, hence no integrated with DAC, but then not making a CD transport appears weird.

I’ve never really got Leema and their offerings, as although some bits seem undeniably good, others seem misplaced. They still seem to be in that place.

I’ve always fancied trying their top CD player, the Antila, as the guy I bought my Marantz SACD player from had one, and chose it over the Marantz which was barely a year old.

Reactions: Al ears
I’ve never really got Leema and their offerings, as although some bits seem undeniably good, others seem misplaced. They still seem to be in that place.

I’ve always fancied trying their top CD player, the Antila, as the guy I bought my Marantz SACD player from had one, and chose it over the Marantz which was barely a year old.
Think that's the same most brands. Impossible to hit the bullseye everytime: Arcam, another brand I have upmost respect for, have come up with some 'plums'.

It's true some Leema stuff has had mixed reviews/responses, such as their early Stream CDPs and speakers. I can't comment on those as I've never heard those.

Perhaps demo the Tucana, and you'll understand - not necessarily like - why pleased owners are hard pushed to change brands

Think that's the same most brands. Impossible to hit the bullseye everytime: Arcam, another brand I have upmost respect for, have come up with some 'plums'.

It's true some Leema stuff has had mixed reviews/responses, such as their early Stream CDPs and speakers. I can't comment on those as I've never heard those.

Perhaps demo the Tucana, and you'll understand - not necessarily like - why pleased owners are hard pushed to change brands
I am a fan of their amplifiers, not heard CD players or anything else but it would appear there are obvious gaps or idiosyncrasies in this latest line up.
You have a decent DAC / Pre then why not build a brick outhouse CD transport??
I would love an all Leema system but damned if I am paying twice for circuits that I don't need.

I am a fan of their amplifiers, not heard CD players or anything else but it would appear there are obvious gaps or idiosyncrasies in this latest line up.
You have a decent DAC / Pre then why not build a brick outhouse CD transport??
I would love an all Leema system but damned if I am paying twice for circuits that I don't need.
I suppose it depends on what sources you currently use. If you have a CDP they'll be little use with a Dac/preamp, unless you have multiple digital sources, such as PC, games consoles etc etc.

Personally don't have need for all the extra digital gubbings as nearly all my kit is analogue.

To be honest, I'm surprised Leema haven't produced their own turntable. All their phono stages, whether built-in or separate, are very good indeed.

I suppose it depends on what sources you currently use. If you have a CDP they'll be little use with a Dac/preamp, unless you have multiple digital sources, such as PC, games consoles etc etc.

Personally don't have need for all the extra digital gubbings as nearly all my kit is analogue.

To be honest, I'm surprised Leema haven't produced their own turntable. All their phono stages, whether built-in or separate, are very good indeed.
I guess sometimes you can become jack of all trades and master of none. Phono preamps are amplification which Leema does well and it would be a brave man who spends shedloads on development costs for designing a new turntable when the market is already awash with them from established manufacturers.
To my mind they should not have got into the speakers market either.

I guess sometimes you can become jack of all trades and master of none. Phono preamps are amplification which Leema does well and it would be a brave man who spends shedloads on development costs for designing a new turntable when the market is already awash with them from established manufacturers.
To my mind they should not have got into the speakers market either.
Actually, Leemas first efforts were speakers. As both Mallory Nicholls and Lee Taylor were both sound engineers at the Beeb, they were inspired by the original BBC monitors. It wasn't until around 2005 or 06 they produced the first Tucana and Antila.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts