New LCD/PS3/HDMI Question...?

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
A friend (no, really) has just bought a Panasonic TX-32LXD70. He's very happy with it, but says that he thinks the picture isnt as good with his PS3 - a bit less "crisp" if you will. We're both pretty clueless with the sort of thing, so wondered what people would suggest. He's using a £20.00 - ish Belkin HDMI, we think. Sorry. And I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section - it felt like a gaming question in a way, but we havent got a section for that - which could stay that way as far as I'm concerned.

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Have you (or your friend) tried adjusting any setting on the TV - sharpness for example or tried turning on or off any picture enhancements (coughs) to see if these make a difference? If no change is noticeable you can switch everything back again.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Like 'video noise reduction' (if you can), play around with the sharpness on the set or any other listings on the set - I don't have that set so cannot go into detail.

Have a look and see what's there to be switched on or off and see if it makes a difference. If it doesn't, you haven't broken anything.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

Edit: Or do as fr0g suggests and play around with the settings on the PS3. Just make sure you don't try everything at once coz you won't know which adjustment made the difference.

Cofn

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
OK thanks guys im going to my mate's to see said setup in a minute, so we'll have a play and i should be able to report back from there. He's with me now and thinks he hasnt enabled the double scale thing, but as i say, ill get back to you.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Well it actually all looks ok to me. id say its weakest point is standard def sky digital - from about 5-6 feet away. he seems happy with it, but if anyone knows of any tweaks, feel free to mention them, as im curious anyway. im really biding my time til i take the plunge.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts