Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Click here

182290889bli.jpg

landzw

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm 110% gutted , i brought my ipod touch only a few weeks back and the new one is even better , the face time i/family would of used a fair bit and with just everything it is so much better .

Not only that my wife purchased me for my birthday in August a apple TV now theres a new one

Just to note it happened to me when i purchased my iMac , 3 weeks latter the new spec came out with twice as much memory / HDD , a better cpu and a full HD screen ( 1050 current )

It seems to me if i'm going to buy anymore apple products i'm going to wait and wait and then wait a little longer until the new version is out

DistortedVision

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
landzw:I'm 110% gutted , i brought my ipod touch only a few weeks back and the new one is even better , the face time i/family would of used a fair bit and with just everything it is so much better .
emotion-9.gif

Not only that my wife purchased me for my birthday in August a apple TV now theres a new one
emotion-9.gif

Just to note it happened to me when i purchased my iMac , 3 weeks latter the new spec came out with twice as much memory / HDD , a better cpu and a full HD screen ( 1050 current )
emotion-9.gif

It seems to me if i'm going to buy anymore apple products i'm going to wait and wait and then wait a little longer until the new version is out
emotion-2.gif

But everyone knows that Apple announces the new generation of their products in early September.

So it comes as no surprise.

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
disappointed with lack of 128 gigs and native apt-x support. otherwise good. (on the touch that is. not interested in the small ones).

landzw

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm afraid i didn't know they announced there products in sept ( call me what you will )

But its all making sense now

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
landzw:

I'm afraid i didn't know they announced there products in sept ( call me what you will )

But its all making sense now
emotion-10.gif

dont worry i did the same thing when i got my touch last summer but to be honist its still a great device even if it is nearly two gens out of date and only 13months old

i will stick with my old one for now as it works fine for what i need but if it broke or was lost i would replace it straight away as iv had more than my moneys worth out of it ,i wish i could say that about all the gadgets ive brought over the years

staggerlee

Apr 11, 2008
Visit site
the problem is if you wait and wait, you will never get anything although i would also be gutted if a new version came out a few weeks after i bought one. However, the new ipods aren't really that radical, a few minor tweaks.

I feel sorry for the people who bought apple tv, as that has dropped significantly in price.

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
I bought a 64GB Touch in May and I'm appalled by the poor battery performance, not even half the promised life! I wonder if they've done any work to improve this, I seriously doubt it.
emotion-45.gif

Love the look of the new Nano though.
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

landzw:I'm afraid i didn't know they announced there products in sept ( call me what you will ). But its all making sense now ÿ

Just for info...

http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/

A

Anonymous

Still no flac support or customisable EQ option. Apple still rotten.

Zarn_Smith

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
staggerlee:

I feel sorry for the people who bought apple tv, as that has dropped significantly in price.

I wouldn't feel too gutted. They are still selling the old one, so I guess it will depend on if you want local storage or not..

Highway

Oct 20, 2008
Visit site
staggerlee:
"the problem is if you wait and wait, you will never get anything"

Normally I agree with this, but with Apple it pretty much a nailed on certainty when their product media events take place. I keep an eye on macrumours page also.

I currently own a 160gb Classic and a 8Gb Touch. I have been waiting for this event to see if it is worth the upgrade. For me it is as I want the extra storage (shame they did not bump to 128Gb). So will now sell both and just buy one Touch.

Highway

Oct 20, 2008
Visit site
bennyboy71:Still no flac support or customisable EQ option. Apple still rotten.

I doubt you will ever see FLAC support from Apple. I have not read or heard of any indication from Apple that they have considered supporting any other codecs other than the current crop.

A shame really as I own a few albums purchased in FLAC format. It would mean I don't have to convert them for my Touch.

Wightknight

Jul 29, 2007
Visit site
Hi Andrew,

The news story said that "full coverage" was to follow.

Any news on the sound quality?

I am particularly interested in buying a Nano, but I am tempted to buy one of the the older 5th Generation models as they seem to have a better spec and have always been well reviewed. Any thoughts?

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
bigboss:Am I reading it correctly, that the new iPod touch sports a measly 0.7 megapixel camera (960x720)?? That's the worst camera I've seen in any device (not only premium) in ages!!!

I don't understand why you would want a camera on an iPod anyway. Seems a bit pointless to me, and before anyone says anything I have seen some of the camera based apps for the iPhone... equally pointless.

Diamond Joe:

bigboss:Am I reading it correctly, that the new iPod touch sports a measly 0.7 megapixel camera (960x720)?? That's the worst camera I've seen in any device (not only premium) in ages!!!

I don't understand why you would want a camera on an iPod anyway. Seems a bit pointless to me, and before anyone says anything I have seen some of the camera based apps for the iPhone... equally pointless.

Well.....some websites are reporting the presence of camera as the "killer" feature of the iPod Touch. Me thinks not! Why did they even bother putting the camera in, in the first place? 0.7 megapixel is laughable, & you're still paying for this useless piece of tech (it adds to the cost of the Touch).

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
I agree anything less than a 1.3 mp is not worth having, six years ago i had a camera phone with less than 1 mp, the pictures were rubbish so i never used it, i know have a 3.2 mp camera phone & the pictures are so much better.

landzw

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I don't think the touch was ever planned to used to print a picture the size of a block of flats just like a 3.2 mp camera can. 0.7 is enough for photo sized pictures that will be uploaded to facebook and ebay etc and if your planning to take proper pictures buy a camera .

But if you look closer its all about the hole product with the touch and how it works with other items of apple like apple Tv . no more having to plug cables in all the time , the simplicity of it all is the killer for me , not to mention the screen res is twice as much as the old , with wireless N and the the chipset from the iphone 4 .

O yes and the gaming capability's , so the price over the old itouch is worth it if your going to use it

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts