New Integrated Amp - advice please

smbmetal

Sep 8, 2007
Visit site
I’m thinking of upgrading my current setup to one of the following integrated amps

[size=3>[font="Times New Roman"]K2[/font][/size=3>[font]

Arcam FMJ 18

Naim Nait5i

Rotel RA-1520

I currently have a Rotel RC-03 pre-amp and two Rotel RB-03 power amps in bridged mono mode. I really like my current setup but I have a need to reduce the number of boxes in my rack from 3 to 1 due to purchasing my first house!

Does anybody know if any of these amplifiers will be a reasonable comparison of my current setup? I will be taking my CD player (Arcam CD92T) along with me to my local dealer to listen to them, but I thought I would collect people’s thoughts on here first. The music I listen to is predominately Rock/Heavy Metal, so I like a fairly exciting amplifier, hence why I like the Rotels I guess.

Thanks in advance of anyone’s advice!

A

Anonymous

Nice choice, you should also try and audition a Sugden Mystro.

smbmetal

Sep 8, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion. Quite a bit out of my price range that one I'm afraid
emotion-1.gif

smbmetal:
I'm thinking of upgrading my current setup to one of the following integrated amps

Roksan Kandy K2

Arcam FMJ 18

Naim Nait5i

Rotel RA-1520

I currently have a Rotel RC-03 pre-amp and two Rotel RB-03 power amps in bridged mono mode. I really like my current setup but I have a need to reduce the number of boxes in my rack from 3 to 1 due to purchasing my first house!

Does anybody know if any of these amplifiers will be a reasonable comparison of my current setup? I will be taking my CD player (Arcam CD92T) along with me to my local dealer to listen to them, but I thought I would collect people's thoughts on here first. The music I listen to is predominately Rock/Heavy Metal, so I like a fairly exciting amplifier, hence why I like the Rotels I guess.

Thanks in advance of anyone's advice!

Hi smbmetal

It is a shame you have to reduce the amp box count to one as your existing amps are very good. Anyway from the list i'll recommend Naim's Nait 5i.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

When i auditioned the Nait 5I(italic) i auditioned it against the Arcam A28 and found it most to my liking in the demo but couldnt live with it when i got it home. So, after your audition, before you hand over any cash, ask for a home demo as well just in case.
I would also recommend the K2 as worthy of a demo.

SteveR750

smbmetal:
I'm thinking of upgrading my current setup to one of the following integrated amps

Roksan Kandy K2

Arcam FMJ 18

Naim Nait5i

Rotel RA-1520

Does anybody know if any of these amplifiers will be a reasonable comparison of my current setup? I will be taking my CD player (Arcam CD92T) along with me to my local dealer to listen to them, but I thought I would collect people's thoughts on here first. The music I listen to is predominately Rock/Heavy Metal, so I like a fairly exciting amplifier, hence why I like the Rotels I guess.

Thanks in advance of anyone's advice!

same here. So K2 which was more so than the Nait.

smbmetal

Sep 8, 2007
Visit site
Thanks everyone for all your helpful responses.

I'll need to get a demo setup. Does anyone know if any of the amps that I have highlighted be an upgrade from my current setup?

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
ifitsoundsgoodlistentoit:When i auditioned the Nait 5I(italic) i auditioned it against the Arcam A28 and found it most to my liking in the demo but couldnt live with it when i got it home.

Did the same myself, a home demo is certainly the way to go.

A

Anonymous

Why dont you take a look at the Technics range,

Mine is around 1000wat and has a quality Bass

James

airconace

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
It is a shame that you have to change, you like your system so can you not keep the Rotel's? I sold a Sugden A48 amplifier back in 1997 after owning it for 18 years and have wished that I'd put up with the DIN connectors. I've now rectified that by buying the Sugden Mystro amp & CD. Not all upgrades actually work out and cost money to boot so be sure that changing your equipment is right for you. Keep your eye on Fleabay as there have been some bargains with Sugden equipment recently.

Cheers, Harry.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts