New Home Theatre setup suggestions for a newbie (with a touch of OCD)!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi to all

Long time reader/first time poster :)

I am new to the world of home cinema and although I have always enjoyed reading What HiFi mag, I have only just started down the path to enlightenment (if you could call it that). I love my tech toys and this coupled with a small amount of OCD can make the decision and purchasing process interesting (yet difficult).

I am in the throws of getting together a home cinema system and have started (6 months ago) by getting a Pioneer PDP-428XD and a Denon DVD 1940 DVD player.

I will be getting into the Blu Ray boat later this year, but now I am at that point where I am looking to get a nice amp and surround sound speaker set to compliment the above.

I have been keeping an eye on things and seem to be leaning towards an Onkyo TX-SR606 or 705 and the B&W 685 Theatre package combo.

My budget is around £1500 (may be room for movement) and would love at this point to open the floor to suggestions or alternatives with regards to my potential purchase...

Any info greatly appreciated

A

Anonymous

If you can afford to get an 875, i think it will make the most of the B&Ws. Sounds like you are well and truly on the right track, and for the money you are looking at the best you can get.

A

Anonymous

I went in on the weekend and had a listen to the 685's on the 606 and to be honest was not as impressed as I thought I would be???

In chatting with the expert, he said that those speakers in particular would probably be more suited to the 875 as they tended to required a bit more power driving them.

What would be the other optios for speakers to match the 606 more appropriately??

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts