New home cinema plans

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

mr malarky

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
bigboss said:
My wife is probably agreeing for the fireplace to be removed as it's off centre...... :shhh:

:dance: :dance: :dance:

result!!! :cheers:

things were starting to look complicated with the TV in the corner and two sets of front speakers, this should be a much better solution all round.

Still think a room that size is worth two subs...?

mr malarky

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
bigboss said:
Yup, that's what I was saying in another thread yesterday. The plan is to use the W12 subwoofer of 6AV12 package, and my existing AW12 sub. :)

excellent! Should sound awesome once it's all up & running.

Are you still thinking of holding off on the Amp for a while till the hdmi2 models come out?

Probably. I won't be moving into my new place until June. Hopefully the new receivers will be announced by then. I'm also expecting Oppo to replace the 103 in September - October this year (93 was released in Sept / Oct 2010 and 103 was released in Sept / Oct 2012).

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
bigboss said:
David@FrankHarvey said:
With the addition of the 103D, I don't think they'll change now until 4K is finalised and in place.

Good point, forgot about 103D!

No you didn't, you just want to buy the Lumagen :grin:

About the HDMI 2.0 receivers - My Loft is almost ready to receive equipment and now I'm thinking I should hold off and not order the Marantz 8801!

dangalf

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
Hi BB,

I think the decision to mount the TV above the fireplace is the the right one. I have been looking into doing something similar and found that the mantel at the top of the fireplace tends to prevent the fire from heating the TV up, the ones I looked at were either limestone or marble surrounds. Obviously a low-slung fireplace would be the best option allowing you to mount the TV much lower.

Personally I don't think the TV has to be at eye level if you're sat far away enough to not crane your neck looking up at the screen.

The only problem with an electric fire is that it gives off less heat. With the size of your living room you might be better off getting gas if possible (either should be fine with a TV above it though).

mr malarky

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
bigboss said:
Yamaha has already announced its midrange receivers with HDMI 2.0, so Aventage with HDMI 2.0 is just round the corner.

BB, looks like the top end new Aventage receivers support Dolby atmos - time to rethink that speaker set up again?? :grin:

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
mr malarky said:
bigboss said:
Yamaha has already announced its midrange receivers with HDMI 2.0, so Aventage with HDMI 2.0 is just round the corner.

BB, looks like the top end new Aventage receivers support Dolby atmos - time to rethink that speaker set up again?? :grin:

Time to plan for 16 speakers at least ;)

mr malarky

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
bigboss said:
Plans have been changed, as going for a different house :grin:

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/your-system/new-house-new-plans

Yes, I'm planning for a 7.1.2 setup and decided on the new Yamaha as soon as it was reported. :D

Nice! If we move house as planned next year I might follow suit so will be following your progress with much interest sir! :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts