NEW HOME CINEMA-ADVICE PLEASE

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hI LOOKING FOR MORE SPEAKERS TO MATCH MY DENON AVR 2803 OR POSSIBLY REPLACE THE AMP AS WELL.

jUST BOUGHT LG 3D TV SO LOOKING FOR A COMPLIMENTARY PACKAGE.

ADVICE PLEASE

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Happy to help, but need a bit more information.

1) What's your budget? (Ideal, plus what you could stretch to if needed)

2) What size is your room?

3) Any preference for speaker type - eg floorstanders, standmounters, a discreet sub/sat package with tiny speakers?

4) Do you want to stick with separates, or would you consider an all-in-one cinema package?

5) Is this just for movies, or music as well? If so, how important is the music element to you (just background listening etc, or something more serious?)

Sorry for all the questions, but they'll help us all get you closer to some suggestions for you to check out. :)

A

Anonymous

Ok 1 i think a max of £500

2 a fairly small room rectangular in shape with led tv in the corner,i do like seperates for the quality but maybe would consider all in one.

I also listen to alot of music and to be honest i miss my quad floorstander speakers,but having to go for satellite speakers,i cvould maybe think of bookshelf type speakers.

I love music so would like to go for best quality i can afford.

I ahave a apple mac which i would like connected to my av amp as well.

I know a tall order!

:dance:

A

Anonymous

Good Morning Clare,

Just been looking at this system what do you think of this ?

ONKYO AVX-380(B)5.1 RECEIVER AND SPEAKER PACKAGE

Technomancer

Jan 24, 2008
Visit site
Hi Folks

Hope you don't mind me joining this conversation, I'm also looking at a new system.

1. Budget about 5K, more if required. This is to buy everything in 4 including HDMI cables, and speaker cables.

2. Front wall 361.8 cm, Left wall 327 cm, Right wall 240.2 cm, Height 234.5 cm to coving, Back wall is archway

3. Whatever is suitable to room size and AV Reciever.

4. Seperates I think; looking at purchasing the following either Samsung UE46D7000 or Panasonic TX-P46GT30 (Yet to audition), Onkyo TX-NR 609, Denon DBP-2012UD and whatever speakers that would be appropriate for 7.2 with front heights rather than surround backs. Unless you think surround backs would be better, then I will have to adjust my seating or place the surround backs above me facing down

5. It will be mostly used for TV, movies and games. However I do like music.

Thanks for any advice.

Yours Technomancer

A

Anonymous

B&W 685 Theatre £1400, shop around though. Or theres the DALI Zensor 5 5.1 (I've heard these, and they are very good, especially the 685 even with music the 685's are amazing) both unfortunately WAY OUT my price bracket. I've not heard the MA BX2 AV, or the BX6 SERIES BY MA but have massive reviews. You could place the two backs close together to the rear, then the other 2 to the sides of your listening point. However the limited 7.1/2 content means that some speakers you wont use much for now. Have you thought of Bi-amping the front speakers for now, until more 7.1/2 come around? I use to have a 7.1 set up but I'm upgrading and since gone back to 5.1 until I can afford speakers. Me Ive been advised by WHFI mag to look at QA 2000i or the QA7000. Please shop around and search for vouchers, discount codes etc before you buy as some HI-FI stores have them. Hope these speakers here help you choose, the problem with speakers are there too many to choose from, good luck

dali zensors- £1299 exceptional AV do a 6month interest free too terms + cond

MA Bronze bx2 AV-£990

MA BX6- £1350

Jamo D 500 5.1 THX Home Theater System- just short of £1,700 again exceptional have a 6 month free interest option (RAVING REVIEW WHFI.

A

Anonymous

Technomancer .... Join in this conversation? .... more like hijack it!

Surely you can only join in a conversation if you are looking at something in similar price range.

Chefsmusic is looking at spending £500 but you are wanting to join in with a spend of up to £5000.

And guess what? ..... the first response after yours was for a system of thousands.

Might I suggest you should start a thread of your own to give chefsmusic a better chance of obtaining the correct advice. His requirements are typical of what appears to be the average member on here, whereas yours is for the more serious members.

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
chefmusic

The system you have there is a good one and its going in the right direction. Always buy seperates as you get more out of the system and greater connectivity. You could also have a look at richersounds as they have systems in your price range too.

Let us know how you get on :)

*Edit

Just noticed you have a denon, I would splash the cash on the speakers and forget the AV as its still good enough!

chrisr1718

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
I've always like the sound of Tannoys and found that they partner well with Denon.

The Tannoy HTS101 are in Richer Sounds for £400 and they've just won a What HiFi award, "Best style package up to £600", so fits your budget leaving a bit for cabling etc.:grin:

A

Anonymous

hi one and all who replied to me!

Thanks for advice,i have sold alot of kit but heres what i have

Denon av 2803

mordaunt short centre

mission rears

acoustic solutions for stereo

sky hd box

lg 32" 3d tv

and no sub at present.

im still looking around and tannoys look good option,although i can get my hands on a pair of gale floorstanders,pretty old but were good for me,my mum has them at the moment will see if i can prise them away from her.

Although i would love to a quad speaker package

Anyone got some free ones lol :)

TRENDING THREADS