New headphones

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help me. I've recently upgraded my stereo system to some Merantz seperates and spent quite a bit of money on interconnects and speakers etc. I'm really pleased with the system but now I don't think my £20 headphones really do it justice :)

So I'm in the market for some good over / around the ear headphones. I like good deep clear bass and am looking to spend around £100 although could spare more for the right pair. Does anyone have any recommendations? I'd preferably like some with a long lead or changeable leads so I can also use them with my Roland V-drum set.

Some I have considered are:

PIONEER HDJ-1000-K

PIONEER HDJ-500-K

SENNHEISER HD 25-SP II

SENNHEISER HD555 (although I read someone say the bass on these isn't great)

Any help much appreciated.

idc

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Do you want BASS oomph, or bass clarity? For the former Sony and Sennheiser do headphones with extra bass in mind. For the latter AKG excel in my experience and the circumaural AKG K271MkII with changable cables and earpads are available for just over £100.

The only ines on your list I have heard are the HD555 and I cannot say I was impressed. To me they lacked dynamics and clarity compared to other headphones.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your reply. I have two sets of Sony headphones but they are both cheaper models. The ZX300 and MDRXD200 and I find them both to be not that clear and lacking bass. Are the higher range Sony's better then?

idc

I was thinking more along the lines of these

http://www.sony.co.uk/hub/headphones/extra-bass-dj-headphones

of which I have tried a few at shops out of interest (I cannot remember which ones), but I prefer bass clarity and detail.

I re read your orginal post and saw you use headphones with a drum kit as well. I recommended the Goldring NS1000 to a drummer and he was delighted with them. The noise reduction is a useful feature. They certainly do bass, but not to the level of BASS tuned headphones and they are dynamic as well.

http://www.goldring.co.uk/headphones/ns1000.htm

They were available for £50 off Play.com but a search just there found hardly any available at any price.

A

Anonymous

Thanks again for your help. The MDR-XB700 look especially meaty! Time to read some reviews.

Cheers,

Brian

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts