Question New HDR TV

stealth1980

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,
I'm looking to upgrade my current Samsung Ue55js8500 in anticipation of the xbox, I adopted early to UHD and kinda paid the price with the Samsung, its also had 3 new panels under warranty.
I've been looking at the newer TVs with HDMI 2.1 to get full advantage of next gen. I'm currently using a Denon X4200w which I am not intending to upgrade so the xbox will have to connect directly to the TV and rely on game sound through eARC limited to dd 5.1 (from what I've read as the denon isn't eARC.
So onto my issue, I thought I had my mind made up with the LG Cx 55, but then I read about burn in with static images. I play an MMO on xbox and have some long sessions and it has some static hud elements on it that don't really change, I've read some people saying it's not really an issue and not to worry, and others saying stay away if you have static...

OK, so I looked at the Samsung Q90T, and the reviews said its not quite as good as the 90R cause of dimming zones. OK, so I looked at the 90R, and it looks decent, but no eARC.. Which would bite me hard if if upgrade the denon in a few years... Also, no dolby vision on Samsung screens

So right now I'm lost, seems there's an issue with every screen I look into 😂

You can buy the OLED from John Lewis and take the "Protect Plus" policy which covers TV screen burn.

Reactions: stealth1980

Simon 13th note

BANNED
Jul 27, 2020
Visit site
Do you game on it or watch sports? I want an OLED but the long term tests I seen for some of the slightly older sets were pretty bad for CNN and fifa 18

dont game. That’s prob what your issue is as all the panels come from same or similar firms. Get a cheap monitor you can thrash would be my advice as there is no avoiding it on oled With panels the same makers.

Reactions: stealth1980

stealth1980

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
dont game. That’s prob what your issue is as all the panels come from same or similar firms. Get a cheap monitor you can thrash would be my advice as there is no avoiding it on oled With panels the same makers.
Ye I think I'm gonna opt for the Samsung, I want OLED but I don't wanna trash it and mess around replacing it every year

Now the question is q90r or q90t? How much better are they than the q80t?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts