New HD TV & sound

Cliff1

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
ON Wednesday i'll receive a TX-P42GT30 tv,this has built in HD tuners,my CRT doesn't.

MY surround amp has 3 hdmi inputs & 1 out.The tv has 4 inputs & what is called a audio return hdmi channel.My freeview recorders including my main one,the BT vision box are connected to the tv by scart or in the case of a blu ray player by component all connected to my amp for sound.

Do HD tv progs also contain HD sound ?if they do how would i connect to the surround amp.If they don't would i connect everything to the amp as i do now for sound & use the amps hdmi out to the tv or does there have to be a dedicated connection from tv to amp.

The tv aerial lead,almost forgot about that,at the moment it goes into various things before connecting to the yv.I suspect that this must now go straight into the tv which probably means that ther has to be a lead out fro the tv to the amp.

Any suggestions & help appreciated.

chudleighpaul

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
No TV progs have HD sound.

As long as the aerial signal is strong enough, it is not necessary to connect it differently.

As far as the HDMI return is concerned this will work fine as long as your amp will accept it. You will need to replace the Bluray and freeview and all the other gubbins with HDMI leads into the amp, and connect the amp to the tv by HDMI.

Should work fine.

Good luck.:)

Cliff1

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for your reply.

After posting & thinking about the aerial,it dawned on me that the tv would still get the signal even going through all the other stuff & then the tv tuners would come into play as do the tuners in the other bits.

The tuners in the tv threw me for a bit.

Thanks.

Cliff1

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
OK Thanks.

None of the hdmi are marked ARC,i'll give it a go & see if it works.If not i'll use the optical as you suggest.

Thanks again.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts