New HD amplifier

Stack

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Hi, I am looking to purchase a new surround sound amplifier. My current one is a Sony STRVA555ES. I have a budget of £1000 and cannot make up my mind which one to go for. I have B&W 602, 601 and 2 x LCR60 speakers plus a Rel Q150E sub. A 40inch Sony LCD plus the Sony BDP300 player. Meridian 507 cd player and an Isotek mains conditioner.

The amplifier must be good at producing good surround sound plus stereo for listening to music.

I have looked at the Yamaha 863..but it doesnt have a tuner. As I listen to the radio a lot. I am divided between going for the 863 and purchasing a tuner. Or going for one with a tuner and spending extra. I was also looking at the Yamaha RX 1900 or the Onkyo 876. But cannot decide which would be the better choice? Any opinoins or advice are welcome please?

Thanks Matt

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
I would also add the Marantz SR6003 to your audition list. I haven't heard whether there will be a 7003 added to the new lineup.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Andrew Everard:Sony STR-DA2400ES? Nice sound, lots of flexibility and it will also give the advantage of one-remote operation with the TV and BD player

I know the team hasn't reviewed it yet but I have the next model up from Sony (3400es) and although I don't use it in stereo for cds, I listened to a recent concert on tv in stereo and it surprised me how good it was.

A

Anonymous

I have just purchased a Yam 763, Sony 2400es & onkyo876 to see which I prerefed, In the end I went for the Onkyo876 (sold the others on ebay) for it's sheer attack & feature list (needed 2 outputs for tv/Projector) and the HQV scaler really makes a differece to the SD material on Sky+HD (liked the cool ble light as well-shallow I know).

Also the Audessy adaptive volume makes a big difference, when ads. come on between DD5.1 programmes, no large increases in sound.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts