New front room advice please....

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Morning all,

I've been reading lots of reviews and information about what to get in my new lounge (which is being built from a garage at the moment) the room will be 5.2m by 4.75 (so squareish) The following are all firsts for me, not ever having a flat screen TV or blueray player..

So I'd like your advice on the following I think I’ve got it down to...

TV - Philips 9664 42" what hifi award winner.. Home Cinema Amp Denon 1910, again award winner, Jamo A102 (wife pleasers) and Sony S360 blueray player.

So questions.. is the Denon overkill for the small Jamo's? If so can you advise of another? Are the Jamo's really as good as you say? and for the price? Also is the TV to big as I’ve been reading sitting distances, and have seen the video on what hifi.

Cables, do these really make a difference? Speaker and HDMI? and mains conditioner is it worth it??

I'll be putting my Xbox360, Sky Digital through the TV, so will it handle these OK on the screen,

It's all so confusing, I think I've done review overkill....so your advice would be really appreciated!!

Cheers

Doug.

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
Sounds like you're onto a winning system there.

Let me just state that yes, cables make a huge difference. I reckon there's no better way to diminish the investment you've made in good kit than to string 'em together with cheap cables...

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Hi Doug.

If you can, get your Wife's opinion on the KEF 2005.3, the KEF3005SE or the B&W MT-25. All of these will be a step up from the Jamos.

Here's how my B&W M1 satellite speakers look in relation to my 40" TV.

l_16a784c152fb4c608649997e6a5fdb30.jpg

They're also available in black and silver. Once I decorate and you can't see the wiring, I think you'll agree they're quite discrete. They'd be even more discrete if I could have mounted them lower, but my Hi-Fi speakers dictated the postion of the surround speakers.

Everything else on your list looks top notch.

A

Anonymous

Big Chris - Thats a nice looking setup, but i was advised not to put hi-fi speakers and home cinema speakers next to each other.

http://community.whathifi.com/forums/t/306438.aspx

I assume you haven't had any problems then?

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
barnsleydave:

Big Chris - Thats a nice looking setup, but i was advised not to put hi-fi speakers and home cinema speakers next to each other.

http://community.whathifi.com/forums/t/306438.aspx

I assume you haven't had any problems then?

Nah. no problems. The M1s are magnetically shielded. The 602s state to keep them 50cms away from TVs (Bought in the days of CRT you see). The 602s are about 40cms or so away from the M1s, and that's between cabinets. Drivers and driver magnets would be even further away than that.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts