new epg on amstrad boxes

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Does anybody know when sky plan to upgrade the current sky epg to the new one on the amstrad boxes,are there any dates available.And does anybody know if sky plan to do away with the HD subscriptions,they done away with the sky plus subscriptions pretty quick.Some come on skywhat u waiting for ?

daveh75

Nobody knows, other than Amstrad boxes are/will be last.All the Pace and Thomson boxes were done back in the spring/summer and after long delays the Samsung's are being done throughout november.

As for dropping the HD sub's,i wouldn't hold your breath. Broadcasting in HD is hugely expensive and still very much a premium product and has to be funded somehow,as do the subsidised HD boxes.

A

Anonymous

Just recieved new epg on my Amstrad box.

i didn't expect great things because of opinions on this and other forum but i love

Vance

A

Anonymous

totally agree vancey, the new epg is great. don't understand all the negative comments about it.

Pindi

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
Maybe it works better on the Amstrad boxes.
emotion-2.gif

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Ours was upgraded/refreshed/changed yesterday, Amstrad box and down here in deepest darkest Kent!

Seem OK, I like the main menu and set up, plus PIP event is a nice touch, don't like the myriad info displayed when channel changing, especilaly the bizarreness of displaying the number of minutes the programme has been running, most strange

Haven't had a proper review as yet to consider the threads I have read on HD broadcast issues, any further comments from users on this topic?

daveh75

Pindi:
My box still hasn't been updated, can I force an update?
No you cant force an update for the new EPG(until roll-out completes for each stb make/manufacturer) you'll just have to be patient and wait your turn.Should be some time over the next few weeks,provided no/to many problems are reported from the first batch of Amstrad's upgraded on tuesday.

TRENDING THREADS