New denon receiver look u.g.l.y.

radovantz

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
Hail.. denon. I like denon so much, in respect to its intelligent features.. (memory plus, assignable external input, assignable speakers output, perfectly display design, dc outlets, etc.. no fancy)

The previous big screen design (AVR 1905, AVR 1907) was ugly during its introduction time, but later have made Denon more admirably stylish.

But the recent models (AVR1908, AVR1909) with curved front face looks funny, missmatched with the volume control there. The screen bottom line is also not straight. What happen to the style?

This must be not an important issue. Denon fan will always love it no matter what..

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
radovantz:
Hail.. denon. I like denon so much, in respect to its intelligent features.. (memory plus, assignable external input, assignable speakers output, perfectly display design, dc outlets, etc.. no fancy)

The previous big screen design (AVR 1905, AVR 1907) was ugly during its introduction time, but later have made Denon more admirably stylish.

But the recent models (AVR1908, AVR1909) with curved front face looks funny, missmatched with the volume control there. The screen bottom line is also not straight. What happen to the style?

This must be not an important issue. Denon fan will always love it no matter what..

Personally, I think that they are the best looking receivers out of all the big names. Pioneers are too shiney. Sonys are a bit older looking and Onkyos, well, I don't need to say anything.

A

Anonymous

Can't say I share the same opinion. I've had my 1909 for a few weeks now and think it looks better than the 2805 which it replaced. Granted, the front panel is plastic rather than metal but it's certainly one of the better looking pieces of equipment on my rack.

A

Anonymous

I think the Silver Onkyosÿhaveÿa kind of 70s Retro look to them - I agree they aren't the most contemporary looking beasts but I wouldn't say they were hideous! :)

A

Anonymous

To me it doesn't matter how a reciever looks as long as it's not objectionably hideous *cough* Onkyos *cough*.

Gort1951

Aug 18, 2008
Visit site
I've seen the new Marantz av-receivers and I don't think they are that good looking.

I prefer the look of the Pioneer amps but I think are let down by only have 7 output posts so that you cannot have speakers B or zone2 without loosing 2 surround speakers.

On amps with 9 output posts if you select zone 2 then 2 rear speakers are disabled but on the Pioneer you'd have to unplug them yourself or buy/make a speaker switch box.

The Onkyo amps are hideous, you need to put a bag over them in case your mates come around and take the ****.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Gort1951:The Onkyo amps are hideous, you need to put a bag over them in case your mates come around and take the ****.
Okay, apparently everyone has gone mad. If anyone actually finds their home cinema receiver attractive, they need to look into counseling. The Onkyos look like home cinema receivers - what on earth are you guys going on about?!

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Well, I'm not sure they had home cinema receivers 20 years ago, but that's just me being pedantic
emotion-1.gif

Honestly, even when I'm sober I still fail to see the difference between a Denon and an Onkyo or even a Marantz receiver - they just look like AV receivers to me. I guess I'm just not cut out at spotting the difference since virtually everyone else seems to see one...
Speakers are on other hand, now there are some beautiful objects!

Andy Grange

Aug 2, 2007
Visit site
The only receivers I've actually gone "Wow" at from a purely aesthetic perspective are the latest Harmon Kardons, absolutely stunning

AVR255_230.jpg

I don't mind the looks of the new Sony receivers either

Gort1951

Aug 18, 2008
Visit site
The Denon looks good, the only bad thing is that lip at the bottom under the display. Why do manufacturers think we need a curve somewhere like the $ky HD boxes or Sharp TVs that have a curve at the bottom looking like the ass fell out.

Samsung and LG apply the wine glass look that doesn't do it for me. I just like rectangle boxes such as Pioneer tvs and Pioneer amps.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts