New DAC or New Streamer

eldiablo

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
hello my first post so go easy, at the minute im using a NAD dac1 to play my music from my laptop to my Roksan K2 amplifier.

when i bought the dac i wasnt really upto speed with downloading and all that and wanted somthing simple to use, it has served its purpose.
However i realise its not the best sound quality i can get and id like to upgrade.

all my music was stored on my laptop, which threw a hissy fit and now the hard drive is boogered, im hoping to be able to get all my films and music back off it (hopefully).

I now see that in my world of small children scratching DVD's & CD's it time to ditch my Roksan K2 cd player and go for a unit that i can connect to my amplifier to play music and be able to stream the films directly onto the TV.

at the minute i use samsung smart link as thats all what i know but that has now finished so i would like to be able to put all my files on 1 unit to be able to use on 2 items HiFi and TV

can anyone point me in the right direction as to what i actually need, i dont want cheap carp but neither do i need £5000 equipment.

is it a streamer a new dac i dont know.

many thanks
simon

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
Your DAC got good reviews (I haven't heard it but it seems good). If you can get all your music and video on good quality files stored on your computer/laptop/ nas you could simply use a Sony bdp s5500 bluray player (or any other player that hasDNLA)as your source. It will talk to your computer. You can stream music to this and feed the coaxial to your dac for music, and your hdmi to the television for video

eldiablo

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
Its ok yes but it only converts 16bit/48kHz so its not cd quality.
When im downloading FLAC files im not getting the best result i want and need.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts