NEW Creek Evo Amp + CD - Now please recommend loudspeakers for me.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi im new here!

Please help me out. In summer i'll move to a new a flat, so i want to put some decent Hi-Fi there. I do some research and listenings and just bought new Creek Evo 1 Amp + CD, cause i think its a bargain for a price.

I listen mainly to jazz (garbarek, metheny and other ECM stuff) and rock (pink floyd, radiohead and more).

The room will be around 15-17 meters square. The max distance from wall behind to the speakers will be around 50 cm.

I can spend around 1000 pounds for standmount loudspeakers (or little more if somethings turns out to be exceptional)

Right now i've already listened to:

Monitor Audio GS 10 - right now they are my favourite.

others that i've already listened to but didnt like was: focal chorus v807, monitor audio rs6.

What else should i try?? Ive been thinking about: kef xq10/20 , usher x718 (or even be718, but that could be overkill for the amp?), dynaudio excite series or focus series, dali mentor??? Any suggestions??

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
I assume you've listened to the amp/cd with some speakers before having bought them. The system must have been impressive enough for you to commit so I'd start with whatever speakers they've used ...
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

Yes of course. Ive compared creek to NAD, CA, Marantz products within the same price range, and i like creek the most.

Now i have couple months to find matching speakers.

The problem is that here where i live (poland) its hard to find a store that have each single loudspeaker model, so i have to go to different places to compare them and dont know which direction would be the best for me.

John Duncan

Hey DM.

To the OP, there's always Epos, which are Creek's house brand. I had PMC DB1s on the end of a Creek Classic to very good effect as well, though they've become less good value since their price hike recently. You might also enjoy AVI Neutron Vs (especially financially), if you can put them up against a wall to pick the bass up a bit.

EDIT - if you can stretch another 100, you should listen to the Spendor SA1 as well - I personally was unmoved (albeit through less-than-ideal amplification) but others have wept openly...

A

Anonymous

I personally was unmoved (albeit through less-than-ideal amplification) but others have wept openly...You must be a hard hearted man JD

A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:...you should listen to the Spendor SA1 as well ... others have wept openly...
...I've turned into a blubbering fool these days...

A

Anonymous

Thanks for advise guys.

Ive found that spendor distrubtor is actualy in my city so i'll check them out. Cant find others yet. Anyway i wanted to ask if my amp isn't too weak for those loudspeakers? What would You recommend in 700 - 900 punds range?

John Duncan

fast eddie:I personally was unmoved (albeit through less-than-ideal amplification) but others have wept openly...You must be a hard hearted man JD

No, I like musical theatre.

I was gutted, I so wanted to take them home and treat them real nice...but my Primare didn't like them (which may be the Primare's fault, but it was the knobs or the zebrano...QED).

John Duncan

Wojciechc:Anyway i wanted to ask if my amp isn't too weak for those loudspeakers?

It's possible in the case of the SA1, the others would be fine - your dealer may have the Spendor compatibility chart, which can advise. There are other (cheaper) Spendors that may suit as well though, like the S3/5R.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Wojciechc:
Thanks for advise guys.

Ive found that spendor distrubtor is actualy in my city so i'll check them out. Cant find others yet. Anyway i wanted to ask if my amp isn't too weak for those loudspeakers? What would You recommend in 700 - 900 punds range?

As you dislike the RS6's, which can only be a good thing ... we may have some preferences in common. I found KEF's iQ7 and 9's interesting speakers. Lively, very neutral and easy on amplifiers/efficient.

A

Anonymous

Hi Wojciehc,

Try some Epos speakers: the m12i are really good, and they are well in the budget. I have the m16i, floorstanding, and I'm realy happy with them. And Epos are a perfect match with Creek amplifier...actually is the same company!

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys for recommendations!

Maybe next week i'll have time and go to listen to those speakers in store. I'll let You all know!

A

Anonymous

Hi!

Just wanted to inform You all that after almost a year of searching and auditioning different speakers i've ended up with Harbeth p3esr. Wonderful speakers. The best match for my amp/small room combo. Very musical speakers. A friend of mine who has avalon ascendants paired with jadis da-88 itegrated and mbl 1521 cd player enjoyed the sound of my system too. Although he said that harbeth's are the least audiophile speakers he knows. He meant that with them is all about musicality and enjoyment of hearing the music. Other speakers at comparable price levels are trying to be very detailed but as a result they fall short sounding very clinical comboed with amps under 2k. Harbeth's catches that thing(soul?) in music which You can hear only in much more expensive loudspeakers.

Greets!

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Wojciechc, I am envious of your choice in speakers.

They are still the speakers I most want to audition from all I have read about them.

Let us know some more about them when you have got more used to them.

TRENDING THREADS