new cd player

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all

I am looking for a new cd player to go with an Arcam AV280 amp. I am considering a Creek evo, Myryad 112 or a Nad C545 can anyone advise me on which one would go best with the Arcam, or any alternative cd player.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

matthewpiano

My advice would be to go with either the Creek Evo or an Arcam player. 2nd hand, the original Creek Evo or an Arcam CD73T would be a great buy. If your budget stretches to brand new, the Arcam CD17 or the Creek Evolution 2 would be even better.

The Myryad is too much of an unknown quantity, and the NAD, while very good, is prone to high mechanical noise and doesn't have the overall eveness and control of the Arcam and Creek players.

T

the record spot

Not so sure that Myryad is an unknown quantity MP, a well established name but like Harman Kardon, a tad under-represented in the UK. Worth checking out on the web if there's anything worth reading.

matthewpiano

I am well aware of Myryad as an established brand. However, as I found out when I was considering one of their CD players, there is very little information on their product online and no real body of experience with their kit to draw on. Consequently I see it as a bit of an unknown quantity.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the replies, I to have not been able to find any reviews of the Myryad and also very little on the Creek.

I will now choose between the Creek, Arcam or Audiolab 8000cde. I will disregard the Nad on Matthews advice the Myryad just seemed to be too good a buy at £139.

T

the record spot

Check out some of the other forums out there, not least Audiokarma or the Hardware sub-forum in the Steve Hoffman site. Don't ditch the Myryad - they made some great stuff but on the basis they're not NAD, Arcam and the other usual suspects, people write them off. Mistakenly IMO. (No disrespect MP).

Another one to add to your list, however, is Harman Kardon's rather excellent HD990. Very fine CDP and one that shares many of the features in the far pricier (or it was anyway) Cambridge 840C, but retailed for about £300 at £500. You should be able to find one for about £399 if not less. I loved the sound when I heard it last year - deep, full, highly musical and very even handed. You could listen to it for ages and were I shopping round for one, it'd be on my shortlist.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts