New CD player or DAC?

londonguy

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
my Marantz CD63SE wont turn on anymore. It started to not read discs occasionally and now wont power up.

So i see this as gods way of telling me to get a new gadget :D

Can anyone recommend a good cd player for mainly rock/indie music that will match my NAD C320BEE amp and Monitor Audio BR2 speakers.

Looking around at reviews online it would seem the NAD C521 matching player is the obvious choice but ive also read reviews of noisy disc spinning on some NAD players. How does this player compare to my old Marantz?

Ive also read a couple reviews that said the Rotal RCD-965BX was the same day equivalent of the Marantz and ive seen this on ebay for £30-£50.

Any other choices to recommend? Ive a budget of £150-£200 and happy to look at 2nd hand. Just wondering if i need to spend that on a 2nd hand player or would that be overkill for my amp?

Or would i be better getting a cheap player, like the above mentioned Rotel, and a half decent DAC? Ive never used DACs before but this could be the time to take a look at them?

Any suggestions gratefully recieved :D

A

Anonymous

I have been using a cheap Sony DVD player as a CD player, linked to an rDAC through Wireworld Starlight 6.

Sound quality is very good on Audiolab 8000A (with AVI speakers and QED Revelation) and I would say almost identical when compared to same combo but with Sony CD XB930E.

At the same time, I haven't been able to make the test in similar conditions for both sets.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts