New CD Player for £400.00 (or less)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello guys.

Its time for a change. Need some help on getting my short list together.

I have found my CA 640v2 good, but a bit bright at times. Im looking for a more expensive player that is a tad more refined.

Any suggestions?

A

Anonymous

hey ben... eamo form ireland. iam thinking of gettin a CA640Av2 in the new year... when u say bright what u mean?

Gusboll

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
Shop around and pick up a clearance sale Cyrus CD6s or CD8x. Sevenoaks have got the 8 at £599 and the 6 for £349. Moorgate Acoustics have an ex-demo 8 at £499. They are fab!

T

the record spot

If you might consider used product, this'll take you into Linn Genki territory which ought to provide you with a good all round, rich and slightly less "in yer face" noise. Plenty out there (see the BADA Marketplace page for some ideas).

A

Anonymous

Try the used market.....maybe the Nait or Rega route?

T

the record spot

Used Audio Analogue Paganini - bass depth like you wouldn't believe, super midrange and a clean treble. Very impressed with this spinner when I had it the other week.

T

the record spot

Yep, Mrs. R_S wasn't so impressed. (Women...!)

Picked up the SA7001-KI at half price middle of last week and trialling that. If that doesn't coat the pill, then it's going on the market but I should make money on that deal and I'll start scouting round again! Must do a write up on the new player though....

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys.

eamo. The CA is good but I find myself turning the treble on my amp back on some tracks. You might like the sound it produces. Just find that on some recordings it's a bit harsh.

Do you want to buy it? lol!

A

Anonymous

I did mean £400ish in total but if im not really going to hear a differance at that then could push it up a bit. Whats the rega Apollo like??

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts