New Cartridge

cheyworth

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Hi all,

I am looking for a new cartridge to go on my Pro-Ject RPM5, it will go into my Musical Fidelity KW500 which has an input sensitivity of 2.5mV.

This is to replace my Ortofon 2M RED, as it stands I have to have the volume very low due to the 2M's 5.5mV output.

Can you reconmend a cartridge thats better than the 2M RED but better matches the 2.5mV sensitivity.

I would recommend my cart ClearAudio Aurum Classic, which is being sold on auction sites for less than £200 (normally retails around £360). It outperforms price compatible ortofons. However the MV may not be high enough (3.5 MV I think). Otherwise look at Goldrings and Grados.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Nice one Chris.

I nearly pressed the Buy button on that one last week, after reading the good reports about it and it being at a considerable saving. I will be interested to hear how you go on with it.

There's been a few good deals on Ebay lately for cartridges. As well as yours, there was a Rega Elys 2 going a week ago for £50 new, that's less than half price.

cheyworth

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
The new cartridge has arrived and been fitted (by me so may not be 100% correct) as close as I can get it. It sounds better straight off the bat cant wait for it to run in. (if anyone is local and would like to help set it up it would be appreciated)

Chris

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts