New cartridge

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi my system is as follows: Michell Gorbe TT with Origin Live Illustrious arm and Benz Micro low cartridge with trichord dino mk2. digital is Musical Fidelity KW sacd. Pre is Cyrus 7 with Cyrus psu. Power is 4 Cyrus mono x bi amping Gershman Avant Ggarde florstanders these are a Canadian 3 way speaker. Iam fairly happy with the system but I think I need more punch and dynamics from my TT. Iam considering changing my cartridge buying secondhand say around £700 to £800. Iam wondering will this give me what Iam after or do I need to change my phono amp or both? I listen to most music but pop. I like a bit of rock but, mainly acoustic, jazz, classical, folk, occasionaly electronic. Any suggestions much appreciated.

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
That's a very nice system, mate. With a little bit of luck, Floydus Droidus will come back. He'll be able to sort you out: he has experience with high end carts.

By 'more punch' are you talking about stronger bottom end?

A

Anonymous

Hi no not more bass as the speakers I have give plenty of bass. What I mean is mor drive and sparkle in the highs with a big soundstage with more space between the instuments.

A

Anonymous

Hi no not more bass as the speakers I have give plenty of bass. What I mean is mor drive and sparkle in the highs with a big soundstage with more space between the instuments.

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
MM or MC? I'd be very careful buying a £750 used cart unless you are sure of its history and hours of use. If MC, I would consider sending it to Expert Stylus Co for an inspection and retip before you use it. You could, of course, buy one from a reputable dealer with low usage. (That's the cart btw, not the dealer.)

Ortofon Cadenza Blue MC Phono Cartridge

Just another thought: If you like what your Benz does, also consider moving up to one of their higher MCs. I know ESC rate them highly, above a certain level.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts