New Cartridge - Rega Planar 3 and RB300

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
OK I have been thinking about this for a while now and I have owned my turntable for 6 weeks or so and I have no idea how old the Elys2 cartridge I have is...so want to change this ( I really dont fancy finding out at a later date the stylus has been damaging my Vinyl).

I have noticed however that it is really dificult to demo new cartridges though :-(

So how do you base your decision....is it a case of trial and error and hoping for the best???

With my setup as it stands I was thinking of probably spending in the region of £100 to £150 on a new cartridge and the options I have identified are:

Goldring 2100 / Audio Technica AT440mla / Ortofon 2M blue / Audio Technica AT150MLX / Denon DL110

I am leaning towards the Goldring 2100 but at the price of £100 is this likely to match the other cartidges, is it really that good?

What are other Rega Plannar 3 owners using and what do they recommend?

Chokobolt

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
I use the Rega Exact as you can see. I wanted my Rega P3-24 to be fully "upgraded" so while getting the turntable in red gloss and with the Rega TT-PSU I also asked the shop I bought it from, to mount it with the Exact instead of the Elys
smiley-tongue-out.gif

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
Does anyone know if I need to fit spacers to the RB300 arm if I go for either the Goldring 2100 or either of the Audio Technica Cartidges??

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts