New cart , TT or pre-amp for sound improvement ?

stereoman

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
Hi all. Just a question regarding Vinyl sound improvement. Many say here that the change to a better deck will give much more better sound. But at least for now I see no reason of doing this especially after the small needle upgrade to AT95EX. I'm actually asking what makes the biggest difference with Vinyl sound upgrade - is it a new TT, a new cart or phono amp ? What happens when you install an expensive cart in a cheap TT or an expensive phono or is it just a whole new TT that has the sound impact ?

P.S. I'm a bit newbie in Vinyl...

stereoman said:
Hi all. Just a question regarding Vinyl sound improvement. Many say here that the change to a better deck will give much more better sound. But at least for now I see no reason of doing this especially after the small needle upgrade to AT95EX. I'm actually asking what makes the biggest difference with Vinyl sound upgrade - is it a new TT, a new cart or phono amp ? What happens when you install an expensive cart in a cheap TT or an expensive phono or is it just a whole new TT that has the sound impact ?

P.S. I'm a bit newbie in Vinyl...

In my opinion the cartridge / tonearm combination gives the biggest improvement in sound. Cheaper phono preamps are only really necessary if your amp doesn't have an inbuilt phono stage and more expensive preamps give you the possibility of using lower output moving coil type cartridges.

stereoman

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
thumbs_up.png

TRENDING THREADS