New budget hi-fi kit from Marantz, Denon and Cambridge Audio!

Joe Cox

Content Director, What Hi-Fi?
Staff member
May 31, 2007
Visit site
A

Anonymous

Server Error in '/' Application.

Sorry if it's not interesting enough.
emotion-4.gif

A

Anonymous

Joe Cox:Thanks - fixed. But no, that ain't making the mag!

Puurleeease...

Oh well, at least I tried...
emotion-4.gif

basshead

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
Andy Clough:You want everything? For that money?

is a digital input too much to ask for at that money? really? the cheeper models have a digital out... surely the connection cant cost that much to include?

some talk of the decline of cd's, maybe it's just cd players which will die. why not keep up with the times and make them more versatile? allowing them to be used as a DAC for a pc also? saving the need for a seperate dac,

SteveR750

I have always thought that Japanese gear looks aestheticallly pleasing in a gadgety fuinctional way - in the same way a racing bicycle "looks" inherently fast, the oriental makers have for years made "serious" looking kit; and for me Denon and Yamaha stand out as the prime exponents of this art. Sadly, all too often its been a case of window dressing at least to my ears anyway; and I have never yet heard a piece of Denon kit that I liked or remotely considered buying. The CA stuff doesnt look as good in my opinion, but I know its sonic qualities as I once owned the 640 amp and cdp for a few weeks (and didnt like its lean balance). but the Denon looks almost simply good enough as stand alone "furniture" in a second room!

T

the record spot

The Denon gear looks interesting, not least the push-pull circuitry in the amp (something I only ever heard mentioned with valve-amps previously) and upsampling in the CD player for less than £300? Trickle-down technology on a budget rack near you!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts