new budget amp and speaker system

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi

i currently have a sony 5.1 all in surround sound system but now have my PS3 and lots of blu rays and a 32" panasonic lcd.

now want a new amp and speaker system. low budget - around £300-350 on amp and and want true hd and dts hd sound.

what do you all recommend?

A

Anonymous

I have recently been in a similar position to yourself and after lots of research and advice from experts I have placed an order for the soon to be released Onkyo Tx-Sr577 and the Q Acoustic 1010i 5.1 speaker package; I payed £775 in total from Quantum Electronics and got speaker cables and wall mounts thrown in aswell.

Apparently the Onkyo and Q Acoustics are excellent with movies and £775 is a pretty good price for a budget package in my opinion.

If you are however going to be listening to music aswell as watching movies then I would probably go for the Yamaha RX-V565 receiver instead of the Onkyo which is soon to be released also; the yamaha is £50 more expensive I think though, but probably a better all rounder.

Regards

Andy

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Agree with the Q Acoustics package, hard to beat for the money IMO.

On the amp front, have a look at the Sony DTR-DG820 as well as andyb's suggestions above. Also wouldn't rule out looking for one of last year's amps like the Onkyo 606. Haven't seen or heard the new ones yet to compare, so it's worth an audition.

A

Anonymous

thanks for the replies.

my budget will be 5-550 all in. the Jamo A102HCS5 package looks nice. that and a £300 would suit my budget.

A

Anonymous

Sony STRDG820 = £230.00 and Jamo A102HCS5 = £220.00

A bargain budget system at £450.00

Also consider the Kef KHT 1005.2 speakers if you can stretch your budget

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts