New Bowie re-release

BillDay66

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Might be interesting if I hadn't already bought it about 4 times already!

A 'new' album however.....Do you think he'll ever be bothered?

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
At least EMI is making an effort with Ziggy', unlike the rip-off Station To Station special edition (2010), which was merely a re-lease of the analogue-master first-gen '80s CD and a hideously compressed version of the Thin White Duke bootleg |(

But I'm puzzled, how can this 40th Anniversary version improve on the '98 remaster, which has extra bass punch and improved soundstage and separation, all of which was achieved with zero compression? :?

BTW, PP, please amend the thread's title to 'New Bowie re-release' - taking the current title at face value, I thought it was referring to an all-new Bowie album, which nearly caused a heart attack... :grin:

6th.replicant said:
At least EMI is making an effort with Ziggy', unlike the rip-off Station To Station special edition (2010), which was merely a re-lease of the analogue-master first-gen '80s CD and a hideously compressed version of the Thin White Duke bootleg |(

But I'm puzzled, how can this 40th Anniversary version improve on the '98 remaster, which has extra bass punch and improved soundstage and separation, all of which was achieved with zero compression? :?

BTW, PP, please amend the thread's title to 'New Bowie re-release' - taking the current title at face value, I thought it was referring to an all-new Bowie album, which nearly caused a heart attack... :grin:

Would if I could, but as you know, can't amend the initial post. Either that or don't take the title at face value... (stirs the pot with a large wooden spoon)...:twisted: ;)

T

the record spot

plastic penguin said:
Ziggy Stardust is being remastered to celebrate 40th Anniversary. Nice.

http://www.bowiewonderworld.com/bowienews/news.htm

Got the SACD, IMO, no other is required! I know many rate the original RCAs, which were hastily withdrawn while most of mine are the Sound and Vision series which many bemoan (see the Steve Hoffman site) which were the Rykodisc releases in the States. This is one artist whose catalogue seems to split and divide opinion amongst the fans almost more than the Genesis or Neil Young brigade!
small-logo.png

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts