New Blu-ray player

The Panny is excellent with picture and sound quality, however, it won't play Blu-ray films through the amp. Standard DVDs are fine. Had this problem from day one and contacted Panasonic and they've drawn a blank. It was a refurbed item.... the SQ just through the TV speakers is okay with Blu-Ray. Must be an issue with the RCA connections.

Any suggestions on a replacement would be appreciated. Whatever one is chosen it needs to have two channel RCAs to connect to the amplifier.

No idea of budget (fairly flexible), probably the ceiling amount would be £400.

iceman16

plastic penguin said:
The Panny is excellent with picture and sound quality, however, it won't play Blu-ray films through the amp. Standard DVDs are fine. Had this problem from day one and contacted Panasonic and they've drawn a blank. It was a refurbed item.... the SQ just through the TV speakers is okay with Blu-Ray. Must be an issue with the RCA connections.

Any suggestions on a replacement would be appreciated. Whatever one is chosen it needs to have two channel RCAs to connect to the amplifier.

No idea of budget (fairly flexible), probably the ceiling amount would be £400.

Pp, I have my Panny UB900 for a few years and have’nt had a problem since day one. I think it has analogue output which can connect to your amp. Great pic quality too. The current rrp is £299 I think.

Reactions: eoc69
D

Deleted member 2457

What about the Marantz UD7007? Details here:

https://www.marantz.co.uk/uk/products/pages/productdetails.aspx?catid=hometheatre&subcatid=blurayplayer&productid=ud7007

It has pure direct mode for CDs and 2 channel analogue, and 2 channel x and l or something like that. It’s in stock at Peter Tyson for £420 offer them £50 less and they will probably say yes.

plastic penguin said:
The Panasonic BDT500 you kindly found for me from RS. The TV is LG LS6500 and the amp is the Leema. As before I can't connect direct from the TV. I have to use the analogue cables from the Sky box and HDMI cable from the TV to the box.
Try changing the HDMI cable and see. It appears as if the cable isn't passing HD signals.

Edit: Just to clarify; are you getting sound at all but no picture, or you're not getting either picture or sound?

It is strange because I get a sound but it's like, for example, you are getting 5.1 but only hearing 2 or 3.1. Turn the amp off and play the same disc through the TV speakers and it's back to normal. It isnt the amp because it's happened with two amps... the chances of two amps having identical problems is very long odds.

Because the Blu-ray player was a Richer Sounds repair I wondering if it's having issues with the analogue section. This is just guess work on my behalf.

D

Deleted member 2457

plastic penguin said:
It is strange because I get a sound but it's like, for example, you are getting 5.1 but only hearing 2 or 3.1. Turn the amp off and play the same disc through the TV speakers and it's back to normal. It isnt the amp because it's happened with two amps... the chances of two amps having identical problems is very long odds.

Because the Blu-ray player was a Richer Sounds repair I wondering if it's having issues with the analogue section. This is just guess work on my behalf.
Richer Sounds selling faulty goods again - see cowboys! I wonder if Richer Sounds could do anything for you like repair it free of charge after all it’s their fault! Try emailing John Clayton or if Richer Sounds are reading this you sold a faulty item please help.

D

Deleted member 2457

https://www.whathifi.com/forum/theres-shop-near-me/are-richer-sounds-slipping

Here’s John Clayton email address in the above link.

I know it’s probably out of warranty PP, but do you still have any proof of purchase?

D

Deleted member 2457

I just saw you op again and see you contacted them about it - that’s good from day one. I should think John Clayton should be able to knock the money you paid of the Cambridge Audio Player you like and bring it down to your budget, or offer something similar in the way of a deal or compromise.

D

Deleted member 2457

plastic penguin said:
I've used RS for many years, going back to the early 90s never really had an issue. The Blu-ray player was purchased really cheap IIRC £110, reduced from around £400. Think it has something to do with the disc settings because standard DVDs are fine.
Surely they can try and fix it for you. After all you bought a Blu-ray Player that’s what it should do.

Richer Sounds

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
plastic penguin said:

Hi there,

I was obviously sorry to read you’ve been having problems and offer my sincere apologies.

So that I may investigate further and resolve the matter to your satisfaction, please could you drop me an e-mail with your contact details?

My personal address is john.p.clayton@richersounds.com

Once again, I offer my apologies, I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Many Thanks

John Clayton

Operations Director

Richer Sounds

TRENDING THREADS