New Arcam Amplifier

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Arcam have been forced into announcing this early as a certain retailer couldn't keep it quiet for 5 minutes, so obviously there may not be full finalised details to give out just yet.

manicm

Well Arcam say it's only released in November, so don't think they're spilling any details soon, except to say, in so many words, that's it's digital biased compared to the 600 - so I read that as less analogue inputs than the big brother.

Also new rDock will be released at same time - with dedicated remote for none-Arcam systems.

A

Anonymous

You cant "slip in an AVR 600 unnoticed" as it weighs a very lot! I can only just lift mine.

You would need the help of SWMBO to carry it in.

If its any help to you my wife couldnt believe how much my 600 cost and kept saying "why do you need to spend more money"

Then she finally listened to it and had to admit it was stunning.Result.

Glad I bought mine at £2750 if a 500 is to cost £2500...bargain. Also dont forget VAT is going up soon so that could be the reason to buy now rather than later (female logic?)

A

Anonymous

just read this initial spec on the Manchester Sound & Vision show you are sponsoring:

http://www.manchestershow.co.uk/news_detail.lasso?newsid=2275&news_title=Arcam%20unveil%20AVR500%20HD%20AV%20Receiver

which gives a little bit more about the amp:

The AVR500 designed and manufactured in the UK and is available in black and silver finish.

Ultra High Performance AV Pre-amp Processor
Ultra-clean audio signal path
100w per channel ultra low distortion power amplifier
HDMI 1.3a dual output video switching
Video trans-coding from component to HDMI
High precision decoding for HD audio formats
Dolby Volume* gain processing
2 zone outputs
Optional Ethernet/USB audio playback / Internet radio
FM/AM Radio tuner with 100 presets
Optional DAB Radio module (Market Dependant)
IR and full duplex RS232 control
Superlative audio & video performance .

I'm guessing it will not be available for your awards review!?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
You guess absolutely correctly. As you know, the first we knew about this receiver was the CEDIA info last week, and we're on the last knockings of the Awards judging process, so maybe it's one for next year.

And as for the Manchester Show info, I can only assume the fact that the show and Arcam have a PR company in common is the reason the show has more advance information than we have.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts