New amps from Primare and Hegel

paulsue38

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
The new Hegel H90 will be battling it out with the new Priamre I15. Both have incorporated technical improvements from the previous model, have similar spects and price. It will be intersting to hear them going head to head.

paulsue38 said:
The new Hegel H90 will be battling it out with the new Priamre I15. Both have incorporated technical improvements from the previous model, have similar spects and price. It will be intersting to hear them going head to head.

It will be even more interesting to find a dealer that stocks them both.... ;-)

No information as yet on what sample rates the the Hegel will handle but if you must have Apple Airplay facility then it is the one to go for.

I considered the current/ previous models earlier in the year, and plumped for the Primare in my signature. They do seem to moving closer together in design, at least in terms of facilities and functions. Hegel were very mean on inputs, and I'm using all five on my Primare.

I can see why having streaming, Bluetooth or a DAC onboard is good marketing but it is a shame that an amplifier that concentrates just on amplifying is becoming rarer.

Though ive not listened alongside each other, I suspect they share a relatively uncharacteristic sound, by which I mean they don't impose any of their own character. This is a good thing when so many - for example, Naim - deliberately tailor the sound.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts