New amp or go with a Bluetooth speaker (need help deciding)?

Inconnu

Oct 17, 2024
Visit site
Hi!
I’m new to this forum!

I’m In a sort of dilemma.

I use and old Technics SA-GX350 I bought new over 32 years ago with a pair of Mission 792. The Technics starts to fail… I’ve been wondering if it would be a better idea to keep the Mission speakers and replace the receiver by something affordable, but new and working properly, or to get rid of the Mission 792 speakers and simply go with a powered speaker like the Marshall Stanmore 3. If the best idea would be a new receiver, what would you suggest?

The room in which to stereo system is is around 20 feet long and L shaped, the narrow part being around 10 feet wide (that’s were the speakers are) and the wider part being around 18 feet wide.

Thanks!

Fandango Andy

Hi!
I’m new to this forum!

I’m In a sort of dilemma.

I use and old Technics SA-GX350 I bought new over 32 years ago with a pair of Mission 792. The Technics starts to fail… I’ve been wondering if it would be a better idea to keep the Mission speakers and replace the receiver by something affordable, but new and working properly, or to get rid of the Mission 792 speakers and simply go with a powered speaker like the Marshall Stanmore 3. If the best idea would be a new receiver, what would you suggest?

The room in which to stereo system is is around 20 feet long and L shaped, the narrow part being around 10 feet wide (that’s were the speakers are) and the wider part being around 18 feet wide.

Thanks!
Firstly, welcome to the forum.

A reasonable stereo system is going to sound better than an individual speaker.

I just googled the Marshall you mentioned. If I found the right one it appears to be about £350. For less than that, you could get a Wiim amp, and utilise the Missions speakerd you already have.

If your budget I'd a little higher there are lots of options for network streaming amps, or traditional amps and separate streamers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts