new amp and speakers for 1000 pounds

rock15

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
hi everyone i am thinking of upgrading my amp and speakers, currently using rotel ra04 and b/w 601 with denon tuner and c/audio 650 cd player, all decent leads and interconnects ,listen to rock and pop mostly and fm radio ,i have about a grand to spend on both items , have seen some pioneer a400 on ebay, but what would you guys recommend

A

Anonymous

rock15 said:
hi everyone i am thinking of upgrading my amp and speakers, currently using rotel ra04 and b/w 601 with denon tuner and c/audio 650 cd player, all decent leads and interconnects ,listen to rock and pop mostly and fm radio ,i have about a grand to spend on both items , have seen some pioneer a400 on ebay, but what would you guys recommend

For around ( a bit more) that price you could get my speakers (sig). For a bit less you could get other pro-audio active speakers and a DAC/pre-amp such as the new cambridge or the Beresford.

Either option will give you better quality than anything you can get with separates for the same price. If I knew 10 years ago what I know now, I would have saved a fortune.

At the very least I recommend giving it a try. If it isn't for you (the initial shock of detail is disturbing), then Ebay is definitely worth thinking about for value. I wouldn't personally go near a Pioneer A400/A300X as they fetch far too much for mystic otherworldly reasons which can't really be quantified with current science :)

rock15

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
thanks for that , i was only looking on ebay and the a400 kept coming up , but i would rather have new and i can go higher on my budget thanks ian

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts