New 5.1 system

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
looking to upgrade my current, rather old, 5.1 system to something that can handle new HD stuff.

Think im going to end up going for the onkyo 605 but im unsure as to what speakers to go along with it, id like bother a good cinema and music listening experience so I was thinking of:

2x Mordaund short almuni 2, 1x Mordaunt short alumni 1, 2x Kef iQ5 and my current sub a gale 3090.

Any opinions on this set up? is it ok to have totaly diferent 'main' speakers from the rest of my set up?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
If you're doing a compromise system like that, I'd say you'll be OK provided you ditch the Alumni 1 idea and buy the centre speaker to match the iQ5s. It's the iQ2c, and it's about £150 or so.

And you know you're going to need a better sub at some point...

A

Anonymous

thanks for the quick reply!

If I should be matching the front speakers should I just save up the extra £60 for Kefs at the rear? I can get Kef Q1's for £200 or the alumni 2's for £140, are Kef Q1's even the right ones to match? lol

looking to spend about £1K+cost of inter connecters most of which I already have.

Thanks

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="MightyG"]If I should be matching the front speakers should I just save up the extra £60 for Kefs at the rear? I can get Kef Q1's for £200 or the alumni 2's for £140, are Kef Q1's even the right ones to match? lol[/quote]

Well yes, that would be even better, but the rears are less critical than timbre-matching across the front three.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts