New 5.1 and amp £2000 to spend please advise

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
been looking at a new set up cant decide im terrible at final decisions. Theres a few options my mate can get me tannoy revo signitures half price for £1200 or sevenoaks are doin 33% off speakers if you buy an amp so av been looking at monitor audio rs6 av pack or maybe b&w mt30 av pack
for the amp im thinking the yamaha ax863se.
Anyone any thoughts?? Its worth adding my room is 5m x 4m and my neighbours not very forgiving so i would prefer it to perform well at a low level or is that down to the power of the amp.

I have been trying to decide on this for 3 months can someone please help me decide lol.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Arf69:

been looking at a new set up cant decide im terrible at final decisions. Theres a few options my mate can get me tannoy revo signitures half price for £1200 or sevenoaks are doin 33% off speakers if you buy an amp so av been looking at monitor audio rs6 av pack or maybe b&w mt30 av pack
for the amp im thinking the yamaha ax863se.
Anyone any thoughts?? Its worth adding my room is 5m x 4m and my neighbours not very forgiving so i would prefer it to perform well at a low level or is that down to the power of the amp.

I have been trying to decide on this for 3 months can someone please help me decide lol.

You need to go and demo some kit and listen at low levels.
The Tannoys and RS6s might give you too much bass so you might be better off with mt30s or similar.

A

Anonymous

Yea i was thinking that myself thanks for taking the time to help me i see no1 else has bothered.

I think the MA radius hd or mt 30 might need to be an option because of the base issue if any one has ma rs6 av radiusr tannoys or mt30 please let me know what you think of them base wise

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Arf69:

Yea i was thinking that myself thanks for taking the time to help me i see no1 else has bothered.

I think the MA radius hd or mt 30 might need to be an option because of the base issue if any one has ma rs6 av radiusr tannoys or mt30 please let me know what you think of them base wise

I think Professorhat has mt30s and I think he lives in a ground floor apartment. I think Gerardasnails has got RS6 fronts and radius rears, you might need to wait until they come on to get your answers. I dont think you need the MA RSW12 sub or you might have problems with your neighbour.
Just thought the MT30s come with the PV1 sub and that may be as bad for you.
You've definately got to demo at low levels and if the rooms not soundproofed go outside and see if you can here anything.

A

Anonymous

thanks mate. well gerrardas nails or proffesor hat can you help me?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts