New 1 TB Sky HD box.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

Does anyone have the new sky 1tb box. I have had mine since thursday, and am pleased so far with it. The picture quality seems good and DD 5.1 sounds great, but when i switch to a normal channel transmitting stereo the volume goes so low i have to turn the volume up a lot to hear on my Amp. Is this normal ?, or is there something wrong with my box ?. My old Thompson box had no difference, or not enough to notice, in the levels of volume.

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
I read about this on another forum (checking out whether the dreaded upgrade would be worthwhile!!!) Up until now the DD signal has been the one that needed boosting, but now it seems to be the opposite.

A

Anonymous

Nothing to do with the 1TB version but I had my box exchanged last weekend due to some lip-sync problems. The nice sky engineeer chap swapped out my old 250GB box for a newer 500GB box.

And now when I watch standard def programmes I have to turn the amp up quite a bit to be able to hear it. On HD its quite loud though.

Mmmm. I love sky but I'm sure virgin don't have all these problems.

A

Anonymous

Hello,

yea to be more precise the volume on HD channels, wether its 5.1 or just stereo, seems a lot louder through my amp, than sd channels. Picture looks quite good, and some sd channels look ok. I do have my hdmi split, with a qed splitter, but the hd pic looks sharp with deep rich colours, watching the clone wars and iron man on sky hd. The 5.1 sounds good to.

Dan Turner

Jul 9, 2007
Visit site
I just started another thread on this, not realising this one pertained to the sound - I have exactly the same thing on my new Amstrad box - very quiet on SD channels, much louder on HD. Used to be the other way around when I had Sky Hd a year ago (old thomson box).

Why is this so hard for them to get right?

A

Anonymous

I've recently taken receipt of a 500GB Amstrad box and have the same issues. It's a mad grab for the remote to turn down the volume when turning to HD.

LL

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Have had exactly the same problem with my 1Tb Sky HD box since it was installed last week.

I have been back to Sky on this and had my installation engineer come back out to experience it first hand.He spoke to technical support that day and has confirmed with them that this is a known bug in firmware v.260 and is being worked on as a high priority.

It seems they fixed a problem with the video in v.260 and messed up the sound, lets hope v.270/v.280 is a good one!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts