Never Agian

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

npxavar

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
Mr Al ears Sir. Please forgive me. At times, many times in fact, I'm an ignorant charlatan. I love my music system, I won't dare to suggest it's a Hi Fi. I love to listen to my pretty decent and varied selection of CDs, or is it actually the music I'm listening to....probably. Anyhow thank you Sir for pointing out the fact that speakers do not "kick out watts". I am better informed now thanks to you and I appreciate that. After all truth and clarity ought to be reflected always. (if that's appropriate here) These are of utmost importance in all areas of written language and speech. So, I genuinely thank you Sir. Really.✌🏻
Maybe what you meant was SPLs. Kicking out SPLs is all they do. The answer to that question is 125 dB.

JDL

Jun 13, 2023
Visit site
Maybe what you meant was SPLs. Kicking out SPLs is all they do. The answer to that question is 125 dB.
Thanks again..... what's SPLs? I'm afraid, that as well as no knowing what SPLs means I don't know how to equate the power output of an amp in Watts, with the number in decibels, that will end up coming out of the speakers. Would you mind spraying me a moment to explain it to me, but please, only if you have the time and you don't mind. I certainly don't want to impose on you or to manipulate you I giving me free 'physics'(?) lessons.... :)

npxavar

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
Thanks again..... what's SPLs? I'm afraid, that as well as no knowing what SPLs means I don't know how to equate the power output of an amp in Watts, with the number in decibels, that will end up coming out of the speakers. Would you mind spraying me a moment to explain it to me, but please, only if you have the time and you don't mind. I certainly don't want to impose on you or to manipulate you I giving me free 'physics'(?) lessons.... :)
SPL: Sound Pressure Level (measures loudness of sound)
dB SPL: relative measurement, 0 dB is the threshold of hearing. +10db is perceive as twice as loud but requires 10x the power.
Speaker sensitivity: How many dB SPL at 1m and 2.83V input at 8Ohms. Doubling the distance means -3dB SPL.

Holy moley... the size of those speakers are better suited to football stadiums than a domestic use.

The reason why the OP is standing between them, if he stood in front they would probably eat him (like a TV swallowed up Kenny Everett). Then those speakers would burp.😁

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts