neutron 2.1 dac

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

bigblue235 said:
Good to know, thanks. That was something I wasn't sure about, as I felt I was banging my head off a brick wall when I tried to discuss something with Ashley on here a while back. Just seemed like it was his way or no way.

I appreciate their feelings/philosophies about bass, but are the ADM9s really bass light? I probably wouldn't be adding the sub straight away. And would they sound OK with grilles on? They're a bit industrial looking for the missus.

I can't really answer about the bass on the 9.1ADMs because it's subjective. Many don't think they're bass light, but if you're used to various passive speakers, the chances are that there'll be less than expected. What you get is extremely defined and tight. Audition some, then you can be sure.

John Duncan

bigblue235 said:
If AVI's business model is such that they're offering the consumer savings by selling direct, how can retailers shops sell them at the same price? Don't Audiologica sell ADM9Ts at £1099?

Thats an interesting question. I bought my Vs from a dealer at the same price as the website.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm using Cambridge Audio Symphony 400 speaker cables which costs £2.50 per metre. It's a slightly thicker guage than the cable that AVI supply but as far as I can tell it sounds identical.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
bigblue235 said:
Where are you getting all this brochure speak from?

Ooops. I've just done it again haven't I. :) :oops:

I'm only trying to tell it the way it is though. EB Acoustics have a similar buisiness model which is probably how they manage to offer such a good quality product at a price that's lower than other manufactures can.

Another reason that active/powered speakers can offer better value than separates is because they have all of the electronics inside the speakers. This means that you don't need to pay extra for the shiny metal cases.

bigblue235 said:
If AVI's business model is such that they're offering the consumer savings by selling direct, how can retailers shops sell them at the same price? Don't Audiologica sell ADM9Ts at £1099?

This is a really good question and something that I've wondered about myself before now. :?

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
bigblue235 said:
That's fair enough, thanks :) ......... yet many owners seem to think they're equivalent to conventional equipment worth two to ten times the price.

The only things putting me off are the stuff that's written by the man and some of his devotees :)

That'll be the giant killing factor, applicable to all sorts of hi-fi equipment as attributed by reviewers.

I wouldn't let 'enthusiastic' reviews of owners or manufacturers equipment put you off trying what might well be the perfect solution to your needs.

Of course it may not suit you, but remove the heated discussions and you are left with a tempting proposition of an excellent value system.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts