Neutral USB Interconnect for DAC

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

vaj

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
hi ben, there are people from time to time that said cant hear any differences due to the poor recording :) but i am lazy to get a better recording :) just try to turn up the volume a little bit ;)

so how is the free cable vs the furutech gt2? for the dh lab cable part try focus more on the vocal and maybe you will notice that the vocal is a little cold and far back and also lack of dynamic expression

and anyway as I said in my first post, I am dissapointed with the current USB cable quality and price. take the same amount of money and upgrade the analogue interconnect and it give better improvement. take the same amount of money and upgrade the speaker cable and it give even better improvement. that is the world, no equality...

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
thanks for taking the time to do the recordings, but I really couldn't hear any difference.

when you do the blind testing with other people, did you say you'd changed the cable, but in fact didn't? That's usually the test that most people fall over on and therefore puts in to doubt any differences people may hear between cables.

Either way, so long as you are enjoying your music then :cheers:

vaj

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
cheeseboy said:
thanks for taking the time to do the recordings, but I really couldn't hear any difference.

when you do the blind testing with other people, did you say you'd changed the cable, but in fact didn't? That's usually the test that most people fall over on and therefore puts in to doubt any differences people may hear between cables.

Either way, so long as you are enjoying your music then :cheers:

hi, yes we did that and we even go further after get acquisted to the cable characteristic which is we random switch in the cable for 10 times and guess which cable is being used. and the dh labs cable stand out the most among the three as I said the vocal is totally cold and being push to the back. it also lack the dynamic expression and sound alot quiter also.

to be telling the truth, I am not quite satisfy with the music yet. I am having high expectation that the DAC could rival cd player performance. but to my dissapointed experience, the CEC cd player still perform better than my current DAC. well, the cd player price do double my current DAC price.

vaj

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
After quite a lot said that the recordings are bad and request for better recording, I went and bought a cheap adapter and hook the signal straight from my amplifier headphone out to my computer line in and recorded using windows sound recorder. After finshed my first recording and listened back to confirm no error, to my surprise that recording is actually quite bad. Although the sound and music is clearer but many details is lost especially the bass is almost non existing and the dynamic expression is totally gone. And when the song go to the chorus part, the sound straight away get noisy. Thought was the adapter problem but it was working fine when i plug my headphone in. So it seem to be that my onboard line in is unable to fully capture what is reproduce by my amplifier. So the recording still remain the same XD

TRENDING THREADS