Networking on Yamaha 2067 or Pinoneer LX53

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm looking to spend around the £800 mark on a new AV amp. So far I have, as many, between the Yamaha 2067 & Pioneer LX53. My biggest need is the networking, internet radio and 3D, now they both have DLNA and the right level HDMI. What I cannot make out is which one supports the greater range of audio formats or internet radio capabilities – or which is most advanced in the networking area.

Yamaha list some on the website, which are: WAV, MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC 96/24…………this sounds good.

Although I cannot find any information on what the Pioneer with pick up and stream from my home media (PC or NAS) solution.

Also, if anyone knows which one is better for internet radio (from selecting, to managing stations to playing etc).

One further complication is that I have been steering away from the Onky NR808 mainly due to looks, but on the surface it may have better Networking & Internet capabilities!

Onkyo networking supports: MP3, WMA, WMA Lossless, FLAC, WAV, Ogg Vorbis, AAC, LPCM
Internet radio such as: Napster and Last.fm

Basically my first 2 are preference aesthetically but I cannot get a full view of capabilities to compare (lack of information from Pioneer)……but, I guess, am I missing a trick with the Onkyo - would it trump both of these amps in what I want?!?!?

Any help or advice is greatly received!!

Thanks in advance

A

Anonymous

OK - I have located more information....if anyone who knows better can help out with.

The Pioneer:

MP3a

.mp3 MPEG-1, 2, 2.5 Audio Layer-3 Sampling frequency 8 kHz to 48 kHz

Quantization bitrate 16 bit

Channel 2 ch

Bitrate 8 kbps to 320 kbps

VBR/CBR Supported/Supported

WAV .wav LPCM Sampling frequency 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz

Quantization bitrate 8 bit, 16 bit

Channel 2 ch, Monaural

WMA .wma WMA8/9b

b.Files encoded using Windows Media Codec 9 may be playable but some parts of the specification are not supported; specifically, Pro, Lossless,

Voice.

Sampling frequency 8 kHz to 48 kHz

Quantization bitrate 16 bit

Channel 2 ch

Bitrate 8 kbps to 320 kbps

VBR/CBR Supported/Supported

Yamaha:
WAV, MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC 96/24

Onkyo:
MP3, WMA, WMA Lossless, FLAC, WAV, Ogg Vorbis, AAC, LPCM

So if im reading it correctly, the Onkyo is the only one that states in can play WMA Lossless AND it can do all of the other formats played by the other 2.

With the Yamaha coming in 2nd place playing FLAC & MP4 AAC over the Pioneer.

Am I reading this right - or not comparing correctly? Again, I just want the AV receiever to have the best range of supported formats when streamed over the network with the best internet abilities.
emotion-7.gif

A

Anonymous

I know its not the same amp, but my SC-LX72 plays everything.

I have over 500 songs including FLAC and I network no problem.

TRENDING THREADS