Netflix

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

delboy27

May 13, 2010
Visit site
It's up to 20m according to Virgin and i just measured it with one of those on line testers and it said 18.35 so nothing wrong there.Is there no other specifications for HD other than 720 or 1080 lines.

delboy27

May 13, 2010
Visit site
It's up to 20m according to Virgin and i just measured it with one of those on line testers and it said 18.35 so nothing wrong there.Is there no other specifications for HD other than 720 or 1080 lines.

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
Amazon Prime (including streaming service and free one-day delivery) currently on offer for £49/year.

Does anyone know what they offer in their streaming service, and will it be compatible with Chromecast which is due to launch in the next few weeks?

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I've resigned myself to the fact that in the UK at least, NetFlix and the like are forever going to be condemned to stream pound-isle content until there's a major shift in the way media is shared and distributed globally. And while the common scenario remains where the US can buy big blockbuster releases on DVD and BD which sometimes haven't even hit the cinemas here yet, let alone Sky and the rental shops, illegal downloading will continue to run rife. It's a product of their own making.

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
When streaming from the likes of lovefilm and Netflix is the audio Dolby Digital? I was under the impression it's not so I don't see much point streaming content that doesn't get the most out of a film, I'd rather rent the blu ray disk?

emperor's new clothes

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi Delboy,

Just watched House of Cards ep. 7 and both PQ & SQ (DD) superb as always - very close to BluRay. Available in 4K for those with the kit. HD level adjusts to the available bandwidth. If not already, try using ethernet rather than WiFi if possible. My neighbours have Virgin and locally falls off a cliff during peak times. I stream via a Marantz UD7007 which is a superb all-rounder IMHO. As for content, they will have to offer more to keep my custom.

whiskywheels

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
I give up, and have reverted to a post/disc service with Cinema Paradiso. At least they have the content I'm after.

It seems ridiculous I can't stream what I want using my Sony 'smart' Blueray box; I visited the Netflix site and there's no information about the cost of the available packages or what films are available. I checked Amazon Instant and found that at least half the films I have on my list in CP are charged extra for; you pay a monthly subscription, but many titles still require an additional payment. To rent one film, even if a member of Amazon prime costs as much as my CP subscription per month.

Onward to the bright new technological age.........................

nws56

Oct 4, 2008
Visit site
is that after a week or so of watching films at such a low picture quality, going back to real hd via blu disc is such a wonderful relief .Like upgrading without spending any money.

Paul.

Netflix is all about TV content, if you are signing up for films you will probably be disappointed. House of Cards and orange is the new black alone is worth a month or two subscription.

As explained in the link above from BB, it's hardly Netflix's fault Murdoch has dibs on first release

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts