Netflix price rises

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 116933

only a matter of time i guess, but i wish they opened up their entire library to us that they have access to in the states. Its a shadow of itself of here. Think Disney are going to do the same soon

daveh75

only a matter of time i guess, but i wish they opened up their entire library to us that they have access to in the states. Its a shadow of itself of here. Think Disney are going to do the same soon

They do with their "Originals", securing global rights to third party content is going to be pretty much impossible and it's totally unrealistic to think they could....

Reactions: Paul.

daveh75

Netflix are investing $1bn in UK content this year, and one of the many benefits of SVOD is you can dip in and out as you please, you're not locked into expensive, long minimum terms that you are with traditional providers.

I personally never understand the outrage at the price increases....

D

Deleted member 116933

They do with their "Originals", securing global rights to third party content is going to be pretty much impossible and it's totally unrealistic to think they could....

no its not they have a server in every data centre around the world which carry their entire library, it's just that some content is hidden behind region IP's, and that much is clear when you search for things. Then they have licenses that are rolling contracts and shows films come and go. These drives are simply carbon copies of one another.

It's not unrealistic at all. For that price, all regions should be treated equally. Granted, they don't have the same amount of content but Apple manages it.

There are ways around it though like, VPN's

No outrage at prices when I can see where its going but when there releasing things I wouldn't even want to step in time after time it becomes harder to justify the prices

daveh75

no its not they have a server in every data centre around the world which carry their entire library, it's just that some content is hidden behind region IP's, and that much is clear when you search for things. Then they have licenses that are rolling contracts and shows films come and go. These drives are simply carbon copies of one another.

I understand how CDNs work thanks!

I'm talking from a rights perspective! Which you clearly don't understand.

Securing global rights to third party content is difficult to impossible for a variety of reasons...

D

Deleted member 116933

I understand how CDNs work thanks!

I'm talking from a rights perspective! Which you clearly don't understand.

Securing global rights to third party content is difficult to impossible for a variety of reasons...

Calm down! CDN's? do you, don't seem to.

Get your wording right then we wouldn't be dancing around. Rights are a grey area and no it doesn't affect the way you think not always. What it does do in most cases is make it cheaper for Netflix so I completely understand ta! its all money and it's all it is. Though granted there are some legal reason ie Disney want Disney content on their platform where possible but others regions where they're not available Netflix or whoever to show the content.

As I said for the amount of money its costing they need to open up the library to all.

Gray

What could be better than using netflix to watch movies at home this season.
Be honest Jeanette, are you connected in any way to Netflix?
Seriously, if you're not, they need to hire you.

Oh, and in reply to your question......A subscribing family member has given me the ability to watch Netflix for free.
I never watch it. So in my case it seems that for the last few 'seasons', everything I've done (including staring at the ceiling) has seemed like a better option than watching Netflix.

LolaFranklin

Aug 4, 2021
Visit site
Netflix doesn't even let users try it out, I want to test it on TV

Last edited:
It’s not so bad if you only have Netflix but if you have Now TV and Amazon Prime too, plus the Licence fee....it all adds up!
Hence the sketchy future of current streaming services. Smaller ones might well fall by the wayside, or get swallowed up by the top three. The current situation has already given birth to dodgy streaming services that the majority seem to flock to because it’s free and there’s plenty of legal and illegal material available.

Reactions: LolaFranklin
Probably hiking the price to pay for their exclusive Netflix releases - but it’d be nice when they produce them that you can actually watch them - The Ritual was bought/released by Netflix (I won’t say produced as it probably had nothing to with them anyway), but can you watch this British film in the U.K. on the streaming service that plasters it’s name on the cover/poster? NO! They’ve licences it to Prime for them to rent out. Ridiculous.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts