Neighbours is finishing

Freddy

BANNED
May 18, 2022
Visit site
I used to enjoy it on the BBC. Come home from work and watch the 5.30 edition. It was light relief and wifey and I watched it over a cup of tea. Much preferred it to Pointless which now occupies that slot
I still watch it - sometimes I don’t like it though. But used to like it.

WayneKerr

I used to enjoy it on the BBC. Come home from work and watch the 5.30 edition. It was light relief and wifey and I watched it over a cup of tea. Much preferred it to Pointless which now occupies that slot
Pointless needs to go. Can't stand either Xander or Osman, Osman's other game shows are just weird or plain stupid. Why call yourself Xander when your name is Alexander if only for pompous reasons... he's an Alex.

Reactions: Freddy
My mum and dad love it too. :) Hence why I sometimes end up watching it.
Something I found puzzling, watched 5 mins of last night's finale and they stated "no other Soap became so famous". Really?!! They might be famous in Oz, other than Kylie, Natasha Imbrulia and Jason Donovan, how many have an impact on distant shores?

The storylines are weak, dialogue could be written by a 5-year old and the acting is dreadful.

Give me Skippy anyday.

Reactions: Friesiansam

Freddy

BANNED
May 18, 2022
Visit site
Something I found puzzling, watched 5 mins of last night's finale and they stated "no other Soap became so famous". Really?!! They might be famous in Oz, other than Kylie, Natasha Imbrulia and Jason Donovan, how many have an impact on distant shores?

The storylines are weak, dialogue could be written by a 5-year old and the acting is dreadful.

Give me Skippy anyday.
Russell Crowe and Guy Pearce perhaps. I had a 2 minute re-cap on the finale from my parents that was enough I didnt need to watch it. :)

WayneKerr

Give me Skippy anyday.
You should have watched the two shows after the finale, they told who had gone on to much bigger success after Neighbours. I watched all three and found it all rather good (y)

Reactions: Freddy

WayneKerr

They might be famous in Oz, other than Kylie, Natasha Imbrulia and Jason Donovan, how many have an impact on distant shores?
Main stars: Kylie Minogue, Jason Donovan, Guy Pearce, Natalie Imbruglia, Holly Valance, Margo Robbie, Delta Goodram, Alan Dale. Some went to Hollywood, others chose singing, some did both.
Bit parts: Russell Crowe, Chris Hemsworth, Liam Hemsworth.

Whilst we may all berate the soap it certainly did spawn a lot of stars over its 37-year run :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts