neewb speaker connection question

jonathanstromstedt

Oct 29, 2017
Visit site
Hi,

I just connected my new Dali Zensor 7s and in my zeal forgot to turn the amp off. The instruction manual says in bold to always have your amp off, which i usually do. There was no music playing, and in fact my PC was in Mute mode anyway etc, and there was nothing unusual.

But this is my new favorite toy and so... are my speakers ok or did something terrible happen?

Thanks!

Jonathan

jonathanstromstedt

Oct 29, 2017
Visit site
thanks! What is the exact risk? If there is no signal coming from the amp, and there is no music playing at the source, what can actually happen to the speaker? I suppose that the manual saying that the amp shoudl be off is so that the system is not playing music and that the wire doesnät get connected with a potentially strong signal in it? Is there more to it than that?

Thanks

j

jimmy1

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Yes its more likely to short the amp than damage the speakers considering you had no signal going through it, I did something similar years ago and the right channel went on everything that was powered up. I miss my sony dat tape deck though it sounded great at the time and was brand new

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts