Question Need you help for an upgrade: Amplifier upgrade

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
What I find a bit more concerning is that there is a following for the Kinki which suggest swapping OP amps for better (less bright) sound, as on YouTube.

Nothing new about some swapping components for an a somewhat different presentation. The most common is for valve based amplification where different valves (tube rolling) from the standard offering can changed to alter presentation.

In the latest review of the EX-M1+ the reviewer also mentions 'op-amp rolling' which he says he'll try and report back. Nevertheless he is still so impressed with the EX-M1+ in it's standard form that he decides to keep the EX-M1+

Btw, so far in my experience I agree with Kinki Studio Audio in that "neutrality and musicality were the goals to achieve. Rich tonal quality, vivid sound imaging, details, high resolution and dynamic. The choice of the components, design, and tuning does just that."

The Kinki is a well built amp. You are paying for the robust parts, quality and sound. It looks like a mack truck, but who cares, you dont look at it, you listen to it.

Looks can be a matter of taste however and based on our experience so far I very much doubt many if anyone particularly at the prices will question the exquisite quality of build, fit, finishing and vault like solidity of the EX-M1+, EX-P27, EX-M7 and EX-B7's which put numerous products costing many times more (look and feel like they've put together in a garden shed) to shame.
:)

Last edited:
Problem is and it's a nice problem to have is that Kinki Studio Audio amplification is unlikely to be the limiting factor with numerous source components and loudspeakers :)
The problem is that, as with all fairly new to the UK manufacturers, and it doesn't matter how good their products are, they are never going to sell much with only one officially listed dealer. They need a much bigger range of stockists.

The problem is that, as with all fairly new to the UK manufacturers, and it doesn't matter how good their products are, they are never going to sell much with only one officially listed dealer. They need a much bigger range of stockists.

You might be pleasantly surprised as to the difference that only a few or even a single dealer can make. Those who (in my experience there are many) are after products which are noteworthy will make the time and effort to seek out these products and if need be travel accordingly.

Please stop with the endless KINKI Studio sales pitch…we get it! 😖

You mean you get it just like you seemingly get subwoofers :(

Anyway, I believe I have responded accordingly to the OP (who has thanked all, btw) and to other members points about Kinki Studio Audio. None of these members have objected or criticised my posts.

However, it looks as you are becoming increasingly hostile and are intent on having a swipe at me regardless of the spirit and good faith in which my posts are intended as. Ref my previous point it might be a good idea for you to look at and fully understand the context of what has been said in threads before charging in.

You might be pleasantly surprised as to the difference that only a few or even a single dealer can make. Those who (in my experience there are many) are after products which are noteworthy will make the time and effort to seek out these products and if need be travel accordingly.
my point being is no one is likely to travel 600 miles to get to hear a little known amplifier based purely on your recommendation but they might go to a local dealer to hear one.
There is only one officially UK dealer on their website.... And I don't believe that is you.

Reactions: Tinman1952
my point being is no one is likely to travel 600 miles to get to hear a little known amplifier based purely on your recommendation but they might go to a local dealer to hear one.
There is only one officially UK dealer on their website.... And I don't believe that is you.

People do travel even further than 600 miles.

Btw, Willow Tree Audio are the importer/distributor for Kinki Studio products in the UK and we (as listed on Willow Tree Audio's site under the Authorised Dealers section) are a UK dealer for Kinki Studio Audio.

Reactions: Al ears

Tinman1952

People do travel even further than 600 miles.

Btw, Willow Tree Audio are the importer/distributor for Kinki Studio products in the UK and we (as listed on Willow Tree Audio's site under the Authorised Dealers section) are a UK dealer for Kinki Studio Audio.
So apart from The Music Room in Glasgow, you are the only other dealer in the UK…..no wonder you keep pushing it….🙄

So apart from The Music Room in Glasgow, you are the only other dealer in the UK…..no wonder you keep pushing it….🙄

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I'm limited on what I can say however what I will say if only if you knew. I might enlighten you further down the road. In the meantime I think your time will be better spent by significantly improving the overall performance of your system by trying to reduce distortion in your loudspeakers by unburdening them further of LF's and passing this additional LF to your subwoofers.

Tinman1952

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I'm limited on what I can say however what I will say if only if you knew. I might enlighten you further down the road. In the meantime I think your time will be better spent by significantly improving the overall performance of your system by trying to reduce distortion in your loudspeakers by unburdening them further of LF's and passing this additional LF to your subwoofers.
No distortion in my speakers thanks….😁

Why would I say that when I have two in my system? Do you actually read these threads when you are not pushing your products? Or are you simply reacting without thought? 🤔

I know you've got two subwoofers however your previous post and how you've reacted in previous discussions about subwoofers is now why where we are.

Btw, I do read the posts and is something I put to you last Saturday and which now looks like you've adopted - "Ref my previous point it might be a good idea for you to look at and fully understand the context of what has been said in threads before charging in."

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts