Need turntable advice, Help appreciated.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am buying a Rega RP3 Turntable, I will be getting a cambridge 640p pre-amp, would this work better with a NAD C320BEE or with a Cambridge A5? Also would some Diamond 9.1's go well with this setup?

Sabby is right, but you are forgiven on a first attempt - welcome!

Have you ruled out the Rega fono mini, which is maybe an even more obvious choice with the RP3. That said, either phono stage pre-amp will work fine with the amps you mention. Are you buying them secondhand, as I think both are discontinued now? The NAD would be my choice, and Cambridge do much better ones now, but it depends on your budget. That said, why spend £500 on a great TT only to strangle it with a modest amplifier?

The 9.1 are great value, also superceded but still very worthy.

So, in summary, all these will work OK, but you are underplaying the Rega unless you budget around £500 to £800 in total for amp and speakers.

A

Anonymous

I understand the budget for the Amplifier and the speakers is Low, however I should be working within the next few months so these are only to get my by until then. Thanks for the Advice much appreciated.

A

Anonymous

I understand the budget for the Amplifier and the speakers is Low, however I should be working within the next few months so these are only to get my by until then. Thanks for the Advice much appreciated.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts