Need some MP3 help

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi , looking for some advice , i have just bought a Philips SA9100 MP3 Player on the net and then discovered that you can only Sync with Windows media player V.10 I have V. 11 on my computer and find it very easy to navigate and organise my cd collection/downloads. I hated my previous Sony mp3 because of its sonicstage interface, and as a simple person , i was just looking to drag and drop from my windows media player. So is there a way i can use WMP 11 or another workaround without using WMP 10, or can anyone recomend a decent similar type MP3 ?

Thanks in Advance

A

Anonymous

I have never heard of the newer versions of WMP not supporting sync to an mp3 player when a previous version did. Have you actually tried just dragging and dropping music to your player, or is it just that the manual says that it only works with WMP10?

If you have tried it, are there any error messages that come up when you try to transfer from WMP11? does it let you transfer the music, but just not play them on the portable? or is it a case of WMP not being able to find your player? If you could answer some of these questions, then I will try to help you.

If you can't get it to work, then you could try Media Monkey www.mediamonkey.com as a good alternative, it can transfer to most players and is similar in concept and use to the WMP library, but works with more formats and has more features. It is free for most of the features.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Rigadig for your reply. Basically i needed a new Mp3 and went with Philips as it had stated on Amazon that it was compatible with Windows. But from another review site, Caio.net i think, one user claimed that they had to roll back WMP v.11 to v.10. I have to take what i read literally as i'm new to the Digital revolution,But i went on the Philips website and found the Device Manager with updated 'firmware' which i have just downloaded. But as the software is in this Zip folder , do i need to extract this data before i use the player?? i should receive the item tomorrow so will let u know how i get on . Cheers.

A

Anonymous

The latest range of Sony Walkman use WMP V11...they recently dropped SonicStage and Atrac. Have a look at the website...

http://www.sony.co.uk/view/ShowProduct.action?product=NWZ-A818&productsku=NWZA818B.CE7&site=odw_en_GB&pageType=TechnicalSpecs&imageType=Main&category=NWS+A+Series#tab

A

Anonymous

Ok , so this program 'media monkey' , can i simply copy over the files from my Windows List, where i had to edit a lot music files with the proper track titles or will i have to transfer the music from MY Documents on the C: Drive, please forgive my limited use of these systmes. I feel like a novice tresspassing amongst eperts.

again thanks for the replies.

A

Anonymous

All you have to do is tell media monkey where your music is and it will read it all into its database based on tag and filename information. It will also ask you if it can scan your WMP database, and if you answer yes, then it will add all the tracks and information that you had in WMP (or Itunes for that matter). It is very easy to use.

As for your phillips player, it sounds like you havn't actually tried it with WMP11 yet, and are just worried since you have read about a problem on a user review site. If this is the case, you may well be worrying about nothing, the user who wrote a review saying they had to roll back WMP11 to 10 could be a unique case and it could have been any number of things causing the problem, reinstalling WMP is a fairly blunt instrument way of problem solving, it doesn't necessarily mean that WMP11 won't work with your player, just that a particular user had some problems and rolling back fixed it.

When you get your player, just try it with WMP11 to see if it works for you. Give Media Monkey a try anyway though, it is much more powerful and works well with nearly all common formats and portable devices. If you pay for the full version (about £20 for a lifetime licence including all future versions) then it will also manage /catalogue your physical CD collection, can auto convert your music to loads of formats as it transfers it to a portable player depending on the formats that the portable can support, and automatically keeps track of your collection, even if you modify it in another program or just move files around.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts