Need some input between Quad 11L vs. Epos Aktimate Maxi

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hey guys ...

I'm new here, I'm planning to get these Quad 11L or Epos Aktimate Maxi ... but somehow I get confuse which of them are better in terms of detail, staging, and quality ....

I just need some input before I decide to choose one of them ...

I heard the Epos Aktimate Mini and yes I love the sound ... but the seller told me that Quad 11L even more better ... I know I should audition them before planning to buy one ... but the problem is I'm really way too far from the shop that selling them ...

So I'm here politely asking some opinions from other experience member here ... to give me some inputs to help me decide ...

thats it guys ... and thanks a bunch

AL13N

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
They both have very different feature sets, so it depends on how you will be using them.

The Epoz has built-in iPod dock, USB/RCA inputs, internet radio, wireless streaming and a remote.
The Quads are an Active design and have RCA/6.3mm/XLR inputs and manual volume control.

I wouldn't advise it, but if I were buying blind, I'd go for the Quad 11L Active with a Beresford Caiman DAC for added flexibility. Also, have a look at the Wharfedale Diamond 8.1/8.2 Pro-Active speakers.

rymidd

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
quads 11L are good with the right amp can sound a bit forward at times, they do have pleanty of detail but may not suit some heavy rock and tecno music music

A

Anonymous

I intend to use this as computer speaker ... and I'm using Onkyo SE200- Limited edition soundcard ... is it true that they reviewers tell that Quad 11L real sound will get better with the use external preamp or any other sound equipment?

thanks for the reply Ali3n and rymidd

AL13N

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
dimensi:I intend to use this as computer speaker ... and I'm using Onkyo SE200- Limited edition soundcard
Wow. That's a nice soundcard!

It should work well with the Quad 11L Active. Hook them up to the RCA output on the soundcard using either a RCA cable or something like this. Set the volume on both Quads to 12 o'clock (using the volume control on the back) and control the volume with your soundcard software.

Gopi

Nov 19, 2007
Visit site
I had the Quad 12L actives. I would say they need a very good pre amp else they might sound ordinary. Infact I had them with Beresford 7510. The beresford is a couple of steps above in sound quality compared to ordinary computer headphone out, but it was still ok at best with the Quads. When I had them paired with Musical Fidelity XCan V8 pre it was a lot better. The guy I bought these speakers from actually had it with a high end Jeff Rowland preamp connected through XLR's and the Quads were doing great with them. So, for extracting the true potential from the Quad's you need a very good pre amp and a DAC as well. If you are not planning on going for them, I would recommend the Aktimate Maxi (not Mini) as you can transfer music wirelesslely and have the Maxi's dac take care of it eliminating your computers ordinary soundcard(assuming you have a regular run of the mill soundcard).

Gopi

Nov 19, 2007
Visit site
Looks like you have a nice soundcard. I am not familiar with your particular soundcard. So, I cannot say if they can do justice to Quad's. But, still would say that they need a good pre and dac.

A

Anonymous

thanks guys ...

so much input from either of you ...

I think I'll go for the quad ... hope it'll bring satisfaction for me ...

:)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts