Need some help with my first LCD purchase..

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I have recently bought the What Home Cinema 'LCD Superstars' magazine hoping to get abit of clarity on a few issues.

Basically I am in the market for my first LCD TV. I have been sturggling with a crappy 28inch TV (CRT) for the last few years and have now made the concious decision to go for it big time.

I have about £1200 to spend and want to make sure I get it right. (Doesn't everyone ??)

Things that MIGHT be of use before I ask my questions :
  • I play alot of XBOX 360 games on my TV so the machine needs to be pretty tip top in coping with this.
  • I also watch loads of sport over the weekends; football, MotoGP and golf being the primary focus.
  • Other half loves watching MTV and all the music channels so a good built in sound system would be nice. Don't mind paying the extra for a proper seperated-out speaker system if I have too but I'll wait for some reasons first before I start investigating that too..
My question is - what do I go for ??

I read in many posts that the Sony Bravia range is particularly good especially the KDL-40W2000 but what about comparable Samsungs, Phillips or Toshiba's??

The award for best 40-42inch TV goes to the Sharp LC-42XD1E which came in at £1100. Nice price but will it 'wow' me in all the points above ?

Your help is greatly appreciated in advance - apologies also in advance if you have been asked this question a million times. Searched on threads relating to xbox 360 gaming and they just confused me even more.

cheers

Si

A

Anonymous

Also.. what is the difference between the Sony KDL 40w2000 and 40w2000-U

Haven't found a comparison site that lists both models...

Thanks !

A

Anonymous

The 'U' just indicates the TV is a european model.

If you want a 40 incher I'd hang on until the next issue of What Hifi as it contains a 40 incher group test.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
The November issue of What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision goes on sale from September 20. And yes, we'll be running a Supertest of all the latest 40-42in LCD and plasma TVs from the likes of Pioneer, Panasonic, Sony, Toshiba and JVC, so watch this space!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts