NEED NEW SPEAKERS

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have recently purchased Amp Pioneer A6 and CD Player Pioneer PD6. I need to change my speakers as they are pretty old (B&W DM600i). I am thinking on buying B&W 684 or B&W 685. Do you think it is a good match? I listen mainly classical music and jazz.

Rest of system: REGA 3, Aiwa 828 deck, Denon TU500 tuner.

Thank you

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
Did you audition your amp and cd with other speakers or buy blind perhaps you could ask your dealer for their opinion. The B&W speakers have had mixed views on their performance, i like them but there are better for the money but i am a vinyl man and feel most speakers are geared for the digital age these days so i would look for speakers with a warm sound to tame the sometimes harsh treble of some speakers. The Rega r1's are lovely little speakers and can be picked up quite cheaply now and the excellent Wharfedale 9.1's that drummerman uses can be had for less money.

A

Anonymous

Well I am a vinyl man myself as well. I would consider B&W because I liked the sound of my DM600i with my old system (MARANTZ PM44SE and CD-52SE). I will check the Regas and wharferdale though.

A

Anonymous

I really recommend that you audition the Monitor Audio BR2's as in my opinion they outperform the wharfedale's easily and for that matter surpass the efforts of many of the budget B&W's also.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
gregory: ... and the excellent Wharfedale 9.1's that drummerman uses can be had for less money.

Are they and does he ... ?
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Agree the 9.1s should be fine with Pioneers. Incidentally, personally can't figure out why the magazines got so excited by the 685s. Nice sense of detail and range but ultimately a bit metallic and tiring. On a slightly more expensive note, would love to hear if anyone has tried the new Spendor A5 or A6 floorstanders.

A

Anonymous

Take a look on Canton Ergo 670 and Monitor Audio Silver Rs5/Rs6 line as well, Focal JMlab from 7** will be rather good choice as well.

Cheers

A

Anonymous

I would like to thank you all if you. Now I am more confused. I will grab my amp and my player and I will test them. As far as I understood I will seek other alternatives as well. I didn't see any comments on 684 though.

Cheers

A

Anonymous

Think you need to sit down with some of your favourite music and audition, the MA RS6's would be very high on my list.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts