Need new speakers advice, cabling solutions

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Bok everyone! (croatian for "hi") Need speakers that would suite my system best ( price up to 1500 pounds), my room is about 35 square meters big, so can be floorstanders or standmounts, would like contact with other quad electronics consumers. How good quad cables (which you get with components) are, should I rather connect my separates with 2 pairs of crystal cables piccolos (already have one pair). My speakers are not bad at all, but if possible would like improvement at that area. Any other suggestions are most welcome. System:Quad 99 pre/909/cdp-2/focal cobalt 816 floorstanders/atlas hyper 3.0 speak. cables/crystal cable piccolo interconect or quad balanced cables that came with separates.

A

Anonymous

Well, your price range fits perfectly with the Monitor audio GS-60's. They'd be great in a room that size but your 909 power amp might be a little dwarfed by them, better to ask somebody with more quad experience than I.

Depends what you want out of your speakers really, I can tell you the GS-60's would give you a whole new world of bass. As for cabling, I hear the standard supplied quad cables aren't great. I also wouldn't reccomend mixing cables in a bi-wire situation unles you really know what you're doing;)

A

Anonymous

Thanks a lot, I wouldn't biwire anyway, just needed to know how good quad cables are, cause my crystal cable piccolos are great, but have only one pair, so need another pair to complete cd-pre-power connection. Will do some research with Monitors you suggested.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts